Unfinished Sky - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Unfinished Sky Reviews

September 1, 2009
Lovely film! They did an amazing job, beautiful love story!
August 31, 2009
Pretty darn good for a romance. In fact you could argue its more of a thriller. Small cast, small budget, big heart, big smiles. :D
August 3, 2009
A romantic thriller - you don't get too many of those these days! Good film
½ July 19, 2009
Can William McInnes do no wrong. I really enjoyed this movie... An unfolding tale that keeps you watching - or maybe that's just Mr McInnes that keeps you watching? It's worth taking a look...
June 20, 2009
A beautiful story...William McInnes just gets better.
April 19, 2009
Beautiful little drama of Dutch origin set in the Ozzie outback. Nice flow of the story where bit by bit the two leading characters reveal their story. Good performance by William McInnes and Dutch actress Monic Hendrickx.
½ April 17, 2009
Really good up until the unexpected and unnecessary twist at the end.
January 17, 2009
William McInnes shines in this film. He is a heartbroken, solitary farmer whose life is turned upside down one day. Brilliant acting and story though I reckon only Australians will fully comprehend the depth of his character, and wait for the story to develop. It's well worth the wait. Those who know me know that I am a huge fan of our Aussie flicks, this movie will not disappoint. Patience is a virtue for sure ...
January 3, 2009
One of the year's best films. Set near Boonah QLD (hardly the Outback)... it has lots of dramatic themes to keep you thinking long after the movie is over. Recommended.
½ January 2, 2009
Two screw-ups meet and make this excellent story
December 25, 2008
Tick all the boxes for quality Australian drama though would be nice to see a better paced film coming out of Australia - seems the current batch of local movie makers seem to have forgotten what entertains audiences.
December 20, 2008
A great thriller, felt real, a stand up ovation to the actors!
December 16, 2008
Yet another Australian film made for the critics and not the audience. Slow, predictable, uninspiring - just another 'little' film that will be forgotten. I doubt it made more than $100 at the box office. Yes the performances were good, yes it was well shot, but come on, give the audience a reason to get excited about this. The ending felt tacked on and out of place compared with the tone of the rest of the rest of the film. Why do we always make films that only the critics want to see?
½ November 14, 2008
I really enjoyed this film until the bizarre, thriller ending. I have to say I was rather puzzled with the writers and film makers choices then. It was so beautiful and moving until that point, then I'm afraid I was disappointed. I still adore William McInnes though!
½ October 21, 2008
Excellent film that really captures the searing loneliness of being a refugee in whatever form or shape..
October 21, 2008
Well, the movie is quite enjoyable. Nice story, with a sweet ending.
October 21, 2008
Well, the movie is quite enjoyable. Nice story, with a sweet ending.
October 20, 2008
Fantastic! If only it was made a couple of Australian elections ago. Both William McInnes and Monic Hendrickx were great strong characters as they gradually rehabilitate each other, although always the doom of an inhuman refugee policy hanging over thing. And then the immediate nasty characters.
October 14, 2008
This is actually a remake of Dutch movie The Polish Bride more or less that I saw maybe ten years ago. I can't remember if the original is better but this was ok at least.
October 14, 2008
I don't watch too many Australian shows, mostly coz it's so slow moving but this was beautiful. Love a good turnaround movie.