Unidentified - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Unidentified Reviews

½ August 20, 2016
A film by mentally retarded Christians for mentally retarded Christians.
October 17, 2013
In a world that has no compass to any truth on the subject of UFO's this movie gives a compelling look at the topic with an interesting twist at the end.
August 31, 2012
Christian cinema often tries to emulate the ideals of secular cinema, but they very, very rarely succeed. Unidentified is another cheaply produced, poorly written, sci-fi drama with strange religious undertones.
December 17, 2011
Great Christian movie!
½ June 29, 2011
Great Twist! The movie is about the realities concerning ufos versus the lie. I did like the fact that the movie took the opportunity to witness. It didn't have all the elements that make a great movie, but the potential was certainly there.
November 30, 2010
Watching It...Rate Will Appear Later
April 23, 2009
This movie is not about sci-fi but about how aliens are actually satan in disguise and how they are trying to prevent us from accepting Jesus in our lives. By accepting Jesus apparently all problems go away.
April 13, 2009
This film continues the long tradition of Christians learning how NOT to make a movie.

Like most others of it's kind, the script was poorly paced. the story would jump from one thing to several others without ever really completing a thought. And the dialogue was pitiful. Especially when the professing Christian was introduced.

But why complain about that when you can complain about the performances? They were terrible! Filled with awkward blocking, faulty line deliveries, and a very viable awareness of the strangely placed camera, this puts "writer/director" Rich Cristiano right in the league of directors such as Ed Wood and William Morgan.

Sorry folks, not actual entertainment. And probably not even very good witnessing material, as the gospel was presented with a very unloving face. An all around fail.
March 21, 2009
This movie sucks so bad. I signed into flixter to say that this movie is bad...DO NOT WATCH..
½ March 13, 2009
Horrible. Preachy and up it's own ass. Acting and dialogue is just awful. Touched by and Angel meets the passing, stale wind of 4400.
½ December 14, 2008
Ah, Rich Christiano: how do I love thee? Let me count the ways.

Unidentified is about two reporters for a very prestigious, fair and balanced magazine (called "Both Sides") who are investigating a series of UFO sightings across the southern United States. One of the reporters is Keith, a polite and level-headed Christian guy who just wants to get to the bottom of the story. The other is Brad, your typical atheist character: a jackass who interrupts people while talking, speaks with dripping sarcasm and a constant sneer, and blames the UFO sightings on... yes, weather balloons.
The movie can be summed up with a single conversation between our atheist Brad and an old man who used to work for a Special Ops force that sought out UFOs, but who is now an adamant Christian:

Brad: Now that you've got religion, you think the unexplained must be demonic?
Old Man:: Yes. Yes, I do.

That's about the extent of the Christiano perspective on the world. If they don't understand it, it's evil. Nice guy Keith eventually begins to seek the help of a co-worker named Darren during his interviews with the people who have seen the flying saucers. Darren is 100% behind Jesus, which makes him even more of a jackass than Brad is -- and frankly, kind of frightening, too, in the way that he angrily confronts people that are dabbling in Wicca.
Darren, combined with Brad's constant persecution! are slowly leading Keith back to God. Keith has forgotten to read his Bible, but soon becomes convinced that he must return to the good book before he can truly solve the mystery of the UFOs. He'd better figure it out soon, because many of the people he's interviewing are speaking of shadowy government figures that are telling the witnesses not to speak about their experiences. Are the UFOs really demons, as Darren says? If so, is the government working for Satan?
When Brad confronts Keith on what he thinks of the Bible, Keith says that he believes it is the one true word of God. He realizes he has been a fool for not reading his Bible every day, and runs to his cabinet to retrieve it. I had to laugh as the word King James Version were printed on the spine in bright, gold letters. Seems the one true word of God comes in many different versions, eh?

After a long series of repetitive interviews and arguments (classic Christiano!), the movie comes to a hasty conclusion that offers absolutely zero resolution for any of the story arcs. There's a sort of scare that convinces Brad that "that Christian 'Rapture' thing" may be happening, see, because atheists have never heard of the Rapture before.
Then Darren finishes in a very shocking manner, telling Brad that he has nothing to worry about since obviously God doesn't exist... or does he? It's interesting: these movies never seem to offer any reasons TO believe in God/Jesus, and instead their arguments invariably boil down to, "Well, what if we're right? Won't you be sad?"
It's never, "This is why we're right." It's always, always some sort of version of Pascal's Wager where the Christian guy shrugs and says that he's lost nothing if God doesn't exist, but the atheist guy is going to have to burn in eternal torment if he's wrong. Of course, the Christian guy never seems to consider the possibility that Judaism, Islam, or any one of the hundreds of other Christian denominations could be the correct one. And he never realizes that if he's wrong, he hasn't "lost nothing" -- he's lost much of his life.

Unidentified is not absurd enough to be funny, as many of the Christiano brothers' other films are. But luckily, it's also not so repetitive as to be painfully dull... as many of the Christiano brothers' other films are. In the realm of Christian cinema, most of this movie is pretty okay. But the third act's complete disregard for every plot-line that had come before really, really hurts the film. Really.
October 29, 2008
This movie looks at abudctions in a whole new light. People should really see this one. It is funny and serious.
½ October 4, 2008
How the fuck did I end up seeing this
August 30, 2008
Trippy "end times" movies are usually not my thing but this one had a pretty unique plot and the ending was cleverly done.
August 25, 2008
A awesome video it's a great Christian film. Please watch it. God Bless You
½ August 25, 2008
Jao majko mila! Film pocinje prilicno interesantno, neki novinari odlaze u gradic gdje je nekoliko ljudi vidjelo NLO da ispitaju sta se desava. Medjutim, niko od njih ne zeli da prica o tome. Ono sto pocinje kao interesantan NLO film, however, vrlo brzo odlazi u materinu tj. pretvara se u blatantnu protestantsku propagandu o demonima, grijehu, iskupljenju, paklu i tome slicno. Nesto kao Left Behind. Nije ni cudo sto ateisti ne mogu da smisle hriscane kad vide ovakve filmove. Doduse, nije cudo ni sto hriscani ne mogu da smisle ateiste, koji prave retardirane filmove kao sto je Wages of Sin. Doduse, ovo je ipak protestantski film, tako da je "suptilnost" iznosenja poruke donekle ocekivana. Sasavi su ti protestanti... (Jedna i po zvjezdica zbog interesantnog pocetka.)
July 26, 2008
It's a great movie that helps spread the truth of God, through Science Fiction.
May 26, 2008
I rented it looking for a decent UFO movie. I actually liked it. The acting is good for a "B" movie. The story had me entertained and curious. The right message gets across. Some parts could have been more interesting. I think the Christian plot could have started more gradually. Overall, as a Christian myself, I thought it was a treat that took me by surprise.
May 25, 2008
Awesome movie. Opens your eyes to some things.