Uninhabited - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Uninhabited Reviews

June 12, 2016
Not really a great horror film, although the location is spectacular.
August 30, 2015
Great shots and scenery with a story stumbling around from time to time.
August 27, 2015
This film had amazingly well done visuals, with good use of angles, texture, light and shadows as well as a decent use of sound. unfortunately, it suffers from a very weak narrative, undeveloped protagonists, and an antagonist (the supernatural force) that in no way is original (beyond the use of fish as a scare tactic) with a shoe horned plot device to explain its past. the relationship between the protagonist couple and the antagonist is non-existent, and the ending makes even less sense because of this. Its basically like watching a documentary or a well done travel video and then a story stumbles drunkenly on set from time to time.
May 27, 2015
Nothing much to redeem this slow paced disjointed mix of stranger danger / ghost horror - with a ghost who takes out her frustration regarding what was admittedly a horrible yet partially accidental death on those who are guilty of nothing more than being in the area.
April 3, 2015
Decent little ghost story. I don't think it has any rewatch value, but once was fine.
March 15, 2015
Almost entertaining, and that's about it.
½ August 17, 2014
Reasonably strong act from the main female lead was ruined by a weak, unrealistic job from the lead male. While the premise of the movie was good, it was very poorly portrayed and it quickly lost all of it's potential.
April 15, 2014
"The summary was told half way into the movie..."

The theme of this movie relatively simple; Harry & Beth book a 10 day trip to one of Australia's 600 or more uninhabited islands along their great barrier reef. The island holds an evil spirit that will haunt them. The spirit is a tribal woman that died on the island hundreds of years prior. Best thing for Harry & Beth: get off the island, as fast, as they can, but the evil spirit, will not let, that happen. She has an anger of men that she plans on taking out on any man that comes to the island.

The payoff of the climax was expected once the summary was told half way into the movie & it was not that surprising; for the last 35 minutes of this movie I was getting bored; ready for the movie to end.

~

A B-class movie that I give a D + (Deficient)
March 15, 2014
I don't get the low ratings. Great plot that manages to surprise all through the movie. Great photography and interesting inversion of roles, where the male character is the one in danger. Worth seeing creative horror movie.
½ February 27, 2014

~

A B-class movie that I give a D + (Deficient)
February 27, 2014
Cliche and really foolish. What tries to be original, actually does a good job. But it fails with everything else. Acting, dialogue, scares, suspense, building story and god awful music and sound.
½ February 24, 2014
Another low budget Australian horror movie. Little money (was any?) is spent on effects, and the establishment of tension or terror fails miserably. The acting is fair, and Geraldine Hakewill is attractive. That is the only thing going for this ghost story.
½ February 24, 2014
In a couple days you won't need coffee.

A young couple head to an uninhabited island off the coast of Australia for a private ten day vacation. The female is a marine biologist and she teaches her boyfriend how to survive in the outdoors; however, shortly after they arrive on the island they see footprints and their items have been tampered with. As they dig around the island, they discover an old book and a legend of a woman who used to live on the island. How does the footprints and legend tie together?

"Why would we want to leave early?"

Bill Bennett, director of Shipwrecked, Jilted, Malpractice, A Street to Die, Backlash, Tempted, Kiss or Kill, In a Savage Land, and The Nugget, delivers Uninhabited. The storyline for this picture is actually interesting despite being slow and uneventful. The action is scarce and just okay and the acting is above average. The cast includes Geraldine Hakewill, Henry James, Bob Baines, Bill Milionis, and Tasia Zalar.

"She will kill you. You're next."

This is another picture I watched off Netflix as a horror movie that would not be online after this week. This movie definitely kept my attention and had me interesting in what was going to happen next, but it was very average and just okay. Overall, I would say this movie isn't a complete waste of time but also isn't a movie I would go too far out of my way to see.

"It's one of the deadliest creatures in the world."

Grade: C
February 18, 2014
Completely predictable from the outset. Poor plot and little story a complete waste of your precious life time
January 25, 2014
Good enough, but you're not missing anything if you don't ever watch it. Fairly predictable. Not as gory as I thought it'd be. Not at all actually. The focus was on the angry spirits.
January 12, 2014
Uninhabited tried... Beth and Harry go for a special holiday on an uninhabited island and find that there is a deadly force with them. The story is good, but the tension falls flat mostly due to the bad acting of Henry James. The story of Coral is good, although the logic of people writing in her diary before they are killed is a bit suspect, to say the least.

Beautifully shot, however....the island is beautiful, as is the surrounding ocean.
½ January 6, 2014
I'm being a bit generous with this one only in as much as I like films based on 2 characters on their own. It's interesting to see how a director can keep a film engaging to an audience this way as you rely on pure imagination to keep the story going. However that being said this film doesn't deliver.. Apart from the odd moment which is weird, there is nothing scary or thrilling about this movie at all. What's even more frustrating is the eventual explanation to the strange events going on at the end... Poorly written and poorly executed... Not worth a second watching I'm afraid.
October 28, 2013
Don't have a good storyline or neither an interesting plot. All it have is that a couple arrives at a lone deserted island for vacations and a ghost haunts them. The reason for ghost's revenge is another dumb story. Doesn't make any sense and not worth it.
October 28, 2013
A very forgettable film with a rehashed storyline and dumb ending.
October 4, 2013
Seemed like it was going to be kind of creepy, but it went on and on and on and nothing nothing nothing. I was so bored, I stopped it with about 20 minutes to go. One star for the eye candy.