United - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

United Reviews

July 15, 2016
A movie that retells one of the darkest moments in the history of one of the biggest football clubs in the world.

An emotional tale of the 1958 Munich Air Diaster. A movie steeped in history of one of the biggest clubs in the sport, which is both entertaining and intriguing.

I wouldn't recommend it for people that don't like football, and even wouldn't recommend it if you aren't a Manchester United fan as the movie focuses on a very dark few months in the clubs history that I connected with due to my love for this club.

Glory, glory.
February 17, 2016
Regardless of whether you are a football fan or not, this dramatisation of the fatal Munich crash is emotional and enjoyable.
January 26, 2016
An in-depth insight into the tragedy of the Busby Babes. The reconstruction scenes are very well done, tasteful and informative. I'd heard of the air crash but I didn't know the details, this is certainly a more informative film rather than a film for the morbidly fascinated. Some of the interviews are heartbreaking but all very respectful and out of high regard - this isn't just a film for football or Man united fans.
July 25, 2015
7/24/15: Netflix
Worth the watch to get a taste of what happened on that fateful day. No great acting or standouts, but good story
½ November 28, 2014
it was an ok flick, but for a film about football, there's surprisingly little football in it. i know they kept their focus on the team but it felt stretched too far. sad story though, my condolences to the families.
August 3, 2014
A beautiful movie! The camaraderie amongst the players is so beautiful. I'm not a fan of any sport, so to say this moved me to tears says something, And David Tennant, as the coach, is amazing, playing a much older man, not to mention Dougray Scott, also playing older; wonderful. I can't recommend this film highly enough!
½ July 3, 2014
Pretty good movie reliving the events of the tragic events of the Munich air disaster involving The Busby Babes at Manchester United.
½ April 4, 2014
Mediocre telling of the famous 1958 plane crash involving soccer club Manchester United. The period is captured extremely well, but the movie fails to capture the viewer.
November 14, 2013
Rising from the ashes... not a lot of action, but interesting film with some likable characters.
½ October 30, 2013
The Busby Babes deserve better than this 13 in a dozen dramatization.
½ October 26, 2013
mozda nisam objektivna. bice da sam imala veca ocekivanja.
October 24, 2013
The cast is great, however its hit or miss with their acting. It does however greatly portray the facts of what happened without showing that much actual soccer
½ August 20, 2013
A very touching story about the tragic loss of all but four of the Manchester United football team in a plane crash. David Tennant does a fine job, Dr. Who fans.
June 15, 2013
Awesome Movie... I m Red Devil For Live..
June 1, 2013
A seemingly faithful dramatization of true events with high production values, but rather dull, in all.
February 7, 2013
I watched this on the 55th anniversary of the 1958 Munich air crash. Every Manchester United fan should see this film.
January 17, 2013
Well done film....even if you are not a fan of the Red Devils..but appreciate football you will like this film. Not much football action in this one.
December 7, 2012
...deeply moving...as other have said ~ this is a film that is more of an informative film, and provides an insight into the one of the most emotional and tragic accidents that has occurred in British sporting history ~ it's a commendable effort, and even non football fans will be moved by the events that cursed Manchester United in February 1958. I felt the closing credits almost summed the message up best of all, showing how United, and those related closely to the club, and in the face of such adversity, went on the achieve some of the highest accolades that the game can offer. Well played all round. Edit
November 12, 2012
loved it, I thought it was a good, it was good for Tv movie, I can't believe that actually happened to the Manchester United players, dying in that plane crash, David Tennant played a good part
½ October 2, 2012
I was happy to have this introduction to the tragedy. Now whenever it is commemorated I have something come to mind. It was not a first class effort, but admirable and enjoyable with what they had to work with.