United in Anger: A History of ACT UP - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

United in Anger: A History of ACT UP Reviews

February 25, 2017
Fast-paced and covers a lot of territory, including the birth of the organization, its roots, the protests against the FDA, CDC, Wall Street, the bad actor Reagan and the other miscreants who did nothing (Koch, Bush) or put up obstacles (O'Connor and the Roman Catholic Church). All of this while telling of a human tragedy and the organic movement to save lives against apathetic men in power. Great footage and effective storytellers.
½ September 27, 2016
There is no doubt that ACT UP played a major role in the fight against the AIDS pandemic, but this documentary lacks a clear structure and is quite repetitious, showing too many interviews of people saying the same thing over and over - which becomes tiring really fast.
July 5, 2013
I work in HIV care and I feel like this documentary was a critical learning experience for me. It is shocking and unfortunate that the work of ACT UP has been erased from dialogue and history, even though, in the scheme of things, it JUST HAPPENED. The film made me feel ashamed for what I did not know and grateful that there were people willing to teach me.