Unknown - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Unknown Reviews

½ May 28, 2013
The hook here, the catch (and a very good one it is) is that instead of the usual 1 guy with amnesia (how many films??? and who could count the number??? I used to wish I would get amnesia, but noooo. Neither have I ever met anyone who has either!) there's 5 guys with amnesia. And in a minute they figure out A) their memory is ever so slowly returning and that B) not everybody's in the room's a boy scout. There could be foul play in the immeadiate future ... just a lot of fun, a good script, nice ensemble performances, and the proverbial twist that zings right at the close.
½ May 4, 2013
While it may have an abrupt ending with one too many twists, Unknown is a suspenseful on edge thriller that keeps you confused and engaged.
½ April 28, 2013
Flawed at times, Unknown is a decent thriller thanks to the right cast that works together well. Although i'll admit that it was mediocre at times, I still found it to be entertaining to watch straight through.
April 27, 2013
I really like the concept of this movie and how no one know who anyone was. The whole victim or bad guy story was really cool and the ending revealed all which was much anticipated. I thought the events leading up to the ending were a little dry and it seemed like there were few parts in that middle that were either important or interesting. The movie was just short enough where you weren't bored during any of it which was a huge plus.
April 24, 2013
weird movie.. there is some potential story in it, but it hasnt been managed to be shown in good way...
March 28, 2013
"Reservoir Dogs meets Memento". Not quite as good as either, but still worth a watch.
½ March 27, 2013
Memento" meets Reservoir Dogs" meets Saw".

In der heutigen Zeit ist es nicht mehr ungewöhnlich über Rip-offs erfolgreicher Filme oder ganzer Genres zu stolpern.
Da ist man dann manchmal sogar dankbar, dass doch ein Film wie Unknown" um die Ecke kommt. Die Prämisse hört sich an wie ...the stuff that dreams are made off", doch das Endprodukt enttäuscht.
Warum das mag man fragen? Ganz einfach, offensichtlich hat sich niemand in der gesamten Filmcrew einen Dreck darum geschert ob dieser Film gut werden sollte oder nicht.

Unknown" schwankt durchgehend von Kindergartenniveau, auf dem jedes kleinste Detail dem Zuseher in kleinen Häppchen aufbereitet wird, zu kryptischem Mysteryniveau, das zu Konfusion und Verzweiflung führt. Einen Film 85 Minuten lang auf ein Ende hinzu trimmen, und dann eine Endszene einzufügen, die ihn besonders kompliziert oder twisted erscheinen lässt ist ebenfalls nicht sehr raffiniert, kann aber in eine lange Liste von Fehlern eingeordnet werden.

Der Film verfügt auch über mehrere der schlechtesten Schnitte die ich je in einem kommerziellen Film beobachten mussten - der Cutter war der faulste in dieser desinteressierten Filmcrew. Nur knapp vor dem Drehbuchschreiber muss man
fairerweise zugeben.

Unknown" ist ganz einfach ein schleißiger Film, der zwar über begrenzten Unterhaltungswert verfügt aber sich spätestens mit dieser letzten Szene als kaum durchdachte Katastrophe herausstellt. Asche aufs Haupt von Regisseur Simon Brand, der mit diesem miesen Script immerhin Leute wie Jim Caviezel, Greg Kinnear oder Barry Pepper anlocken konnte - vielleicht brauchten sie aber auch einfach das Geld...
½ January 24, 2013
A really good movie, I love JC and Greg.
January 22, 2013
Jesus, Captain Amazing, that guy from Knockaround Guys, that guy from Suicide Kings, and Joey Pants!? Awesome film already.
½ December 16, 2012
Interesen, ama mozelo da e i podobar
December 2, 2012
Worst film emding ever....I didn't get the ending, I actually didn't even get the damn story....lame ass film!!!!!
November 3, 2012
Pretty good film. It's inspired perhaps by "reservoir dogs" and "cube"..
October 30, 2012
just ok has serious plot holes that need patching
½ October 8, 2012
Nice twist in the plot
September 28, 2012
Surprising. Starts from an original point of view and does not let it go by the usual ways but offers you a new guess each time. Some aspects are better than others (in some moments it looks simple or difficult to believe about some things), but not bad at all.
August 24, 2012
It's fun while it lasts, but this thriller is neither involving nor is it's ending clever.
½ August 18, 2012
Good thriller directed by the Colombian director Simon Brand, better known for directing many musical videos for A-list artists. To have included important actors, this movie costed very little, and the colombian actress Amparo Grisales, very well known in Colombia, has just a bit part as a bartender. Hope Brand directs other productions in Hollywood soon.
July 16, 2012
First, this is not the Liam Neeson movie. I don't know if thats why it got such bad reviews, people were expecting a different movie when they watched it. I actually like it more than the Neeson movie. It's a pretty typical isolation movie, 5 guys awake locked in a storeroom with no memory of how they got there. There are some predictable twists, some less predictable twists, and then even more twists which could best be characterized as unnecessary or overkill, but all in all, its an enjoyable 90 minutes. I like this type of story anyway, lock people in together and cut them off from the rest of the world, see what happens. Cast is okay, Greg Kinnear, Joe Pantoliano, Bridget Moynahan. Again, its nothing mind blowing, but I liked it.
June 27, 2012
For a movie you've never heard of, it was quite good. Don't go in thinking this is amazing, but, DO see this movie; give it a chance. Entertaining and worth while, nice twists and good acting. Poor screenwriting but otherwise thumbs up.