Unknown Reviews

• Aug 09, 2019

It's your standard thriller fare. Lots of action (chase sequences, stunt drivers) and violence. There's a serviceable plot that's somewhat entertaining and interesting. Liam Neeson s great as always in these roles. It's good... nothing more and nothing less.

• Apr 11, 2019

A intense thriller of a ride!

A intense thriller of a ride!

• Dec 26, 2018

It's all very Bourne Identity, but it has enough of it's own originality to make it worthwhile. Neeson puts in his usual solid performance, never less than professional that man. The support cast are strong with the exception of the talentless january Jones who can't act at all. It's a little hokey in parts but it does the job. Nice twist that explains all the questions you might have about why a botanist can drive like he does and such. It's a Liam Neeson film. Does what it says on the tin.

• Oct 21, 2018

Highly suspenseful. Liam Neeson is always believable and worth watching.

Highly suspenseful. Liam Neeson is always believable and worth watching.

• Sep 21, 2018

There seem to be so many of these grim Liam Neeson thrillers around that I thought I should see one to see why Hollywood thinks they are worth it. My reaction (to this one at least) is that these are by-the-numbers movies that try to include the main ingredients of other successful thrillers in order to win the box office jackpot. However, something this formulaic and generic probably will never go down in the annals of film history as one of the greats because it is just too calculated (methinks). Here, Neeson is a biotechnology professor who is in a car accident in Berlin that results in a four-day coma; when he awakes, without his passport, no one recognises him, even his wife, and there is some other dude claiming to be him. In order to unravel this mystery, he finds the taxi driver, an illegal immigrant played by Diane Kruger, who was driving when he crashed, and also gains the help of a former East German Stasi official played by Bruno Ganz (Wings of Desire). Naturally, there are a few car chases, some hand-to-hand fighting, and a lot of dodging of bad guys who are stalking him. And, a twist, a movie like this has to have a twist these days. I'm not sure I'll watch another of these Neeson thrillers - even when I'm too tired for a challenge, this just seemed too rote, or average, at best.

• Aug 22, 2018

Very solid thriller.

Very solid thriller.

• Aug 11, 2018

I have seen this movie before, but this time it is set on earth in present time. Trying to capitalize on that "Taken" buzz, but a lackluster retread.

• Jul 12, 2018

Just a bad movie. Not even cheesey bad where it's fun. It's awful. Way too far-fetched.

• Apr 21, 2018

While Unknown has a better premise than Taken, it’s not as well executed even with another good performance from Liam Neeson.

• Feb 18, 2018

I thought this film was great. Gripping, held my attention.

I thought this film was great. Gripping, held my attention.