Unlawful Entry - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Unlawful Entry Reviews

June 13, 2016
After a burglary call to a couples home, a policeman becomes obsessed with the wife. This thriller is cheesy, predictable and at times, farfetched.
January 14, 2016
Kurt Russell is superb (no surprise there), Ray Liotta is convincing...but Madeline Stowe just comes off as wooden. She just delivers all her lines like she's reading them off a teleprompter. It was very hard to get around it when it took up the entire movie. I wanted to like this more. Hopefully a remake will set things straight.
May 6, 2015
Another solid 90s thriller.
The fight between Kurt Russell and Ray Liotta is awesome!
April 10, 2015
SUMMARY: After someone breaks into their house a couple has a security system build in their home by the cops that answered their call. They all get close but the cop gets too close and while the husband is away at work the cop comes to the house while the wife is alone and tries to zoom in on her in a dangerous game of cat and mouse. REVIEW: This is a good thrilling and suspenseful movie. The acting was good enough to make this movie watchable. Kurt Russell was good as the lead and Ray Liotta was awesome as the disturbed cop. This was an exciting and fun movie that was well casted and well done.
½ April 7, 2015
Liotta turn as a crazed psycho cop win the day in this stylish thriller.
Robbanflix
January 2, 2015
This is a pretty good thriller/drama and great actors.
½ October 23, 2014
I remember back in the 90s we got a bunch of movies about suburban yuppies being terrorized by psychos. So as 'Yuppie terror' the only thing that makes this film kind of watchable is Ray Liotta turn as a psychotic L.A. Cop
July 3, 2014
Extremely suspenseful
June 24, 2014
TV style thriller...
January 12, 2014
Fairly standard thriller that is elevated by a terrifically psychotic performance from Ray Liotta who steals the movie. There's not much here in the way of surprises but it's paced elegantly and you barely notice the time passing.
½ August 27, 2013
Inquietante y emocionante, para ser una pelicula de suspenso es bastante buena
August 5, 2013
Engaging and suspenseful, with a knockout performance by Ray Liotta--Formulaic, but fun enough and worthwhile viewing!!
½ June 19, 2013
Would have rated higher if not for Liotta. I never really liked him as an actor. He just never does a good job in his parts and he always wears too much eye liner or something... Fun movie otherwise.
June 10, 2013
When I first watched this film, I could not help but marvel at how brilliant Ray Liotta was at his role. Even though Kurt Russell and Madeleine Stowe both gave very good performances, it is Ray Liotta that stands out the most. I found that the transition that Liotta made between playing a nice guy to an obsessed and jealous psycho was absolutely outstanding.I believe he deserved an award for his exceptional performance. Not many actors could pull off a performance like Liotta did. Overall I felt that this film was a well thought out thriller, and was well cast. It definitely deserves the credit it gets. I would thoroughly recommend this film to anyone who enjoys a good thriller.
May 11, 2013
"Desire, passion, lust. It's all a deadly game of obsession."

Downright bone chilling, a ruthless display of insane obsession that will leave you gasping for air. A deeply twisted and flat out frightening psychological thriller that knows no bounds. Unlawful entry is a brutal mad house filled with psychological anarchy, sure fire terror and gripping suspense throughout, it's a seriously dark, but magnificently effective head game. Director Jonathan Kaplan crafted a completely over the top, yet astoundingly gripping film that will absolutely pin you to your seat. It's thrilling, it's chilling, it disturbing, it's violent, it's absorbing and it keeps you on your feet throughout, this is how psychological horror thriller is made, Unlawful Entry scared the hell out of me and kept me on my toes, Kaplan and company keep the pedal to the medal the entire way through and don't let off until the credits roll.
Kurt Russell does well throughout, and Ray Lotta gives an insanely convincing and straight up menacing villainous role. Madeleine Stowe is superb as well. A wickedly intense and jaw droppingly suspenseful powerhouse.
December 7, 2012
Want to see it! Will have to take into account!
½ November 11, 2012
Nice guy cop Ray Liotta is not all he seems. In fact, he's a fruit cake. Gradually becoming more and more obsessed with Kurt Russell's wife (The pretty hot Madeleine Stowe). Things get nasty. Great little thriller, with good performances by the three leads.
November 11, 2012
Don't piss off a cop if you want a peaceful life. Kurt Russell learnt that the hard way. Ray Liotta is the bad assed cop who gave Kurt and Madeleine hell for spurning the cop's advances.
November 3, 2012
Dated in some ways (it has only become more formulaic with the passage of time), but still a serviceable thriller, Unlawful Entry is a paranoid movie that justifies paranoia.

Russell is convincing as the 'every man' having to deal with the always enjoyable and underrated Ray Liotta, as a crazed and envious cop. It is their interactions that really make the film watchable, and helps sell the more absurd elements of the narrative.

The direction also does a good job of keeping the film tensely paced, with scene construction that builds up the suspense well. The script is adequate from the standpoint that, while we know where the script is headed, it manages to keep enough surprises in store that we stay engaged. At the same time, the overall set-up strains believably--how can Madeleine Stowe's character possibly be so dumb and naive? How could others in the department not notice the unhinged and impulsive Officer Davis (Liotta)? There are simply too many holes and logical leaps to make Unlawful Entry anything more than a B level-thriller. But taken on those terms, it's enjoyable enough, successfully playing on some of our worst fears (wrongful arrest, the system out to get us), and doing so in a generally effective way.

3/5 Stars
October 25, 2012
Shoot to thrill - a above average suspense thriller