Unlucky Charms Reviews

• Sep 30, 2013

If Charles Band was said to have a style I think Unlucky Charms would be the perfect demo real. Busty babes, weird creatures, nudity, some gore of sorts, whimsical music from minds like Richard Band or Midnight Syndicate, and camera angles where there is plenty of peaking around corners from both perspectives, bright coloured magical FX or laserblasts, and makeup FX that range from fun to lame sometimes even within the same film. There is plenty to want to like about Unlucky Charms for fans of Band's films but a lot of it just leaves you with a sense of wanting. Wanting more... time spent on the movie, money spent on the movie, time spent on the casting, money spent on the casting, etc. etc. The film has aspects of Leprechaun and Nightmare on Elm Street mixed with Project Runway and a lot of influence from Band's previous forays in the softcore film industry (including the location used in the film). What most disapointed me about this film was the terrible makeup on the main "creature" as the leprechaun looks like he was out in the sun too long or something while all the other creatures get to have nice prosthetic masks. That and the fact that the film wasn't over the top enough. It actually spent a good deal of time on the girls and the "Project Runway" aspect of the film. While the girls are nice to look at, I would have liked them to have exploded or something.

• Sep 15, 2013

The film was so bad I tweeted Seth Peterson during it asking who they held hostage to get him to commit to it. He actually responded that it was his manager, who was fired shortly after. Good decision.

• Aug 28, 2013

Oh man it was not a very good movie kinda dumb who thinks of this stuff really and think hey this be a good movie