Unrest - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Unrest Reviews

April 27, 2013
till now best of 1st Afterdark festival movies! taking place in hospital, new medical students and haunted unrest soul of architect who has been taken there for medical purposes. good plot and good movie.
February 5, 2013
good story, little bit scarry movie....not for young people....
½ January 18, 2013
Very well executed. I liked the fact it was more about what you didn't see that made it scary.
½ January 3, 2013
was a stomach turner
½ December 29, 2012
Not bad. The plot got a little thin and the real corpse thing was kind of cool. But Gravedancer was still my favorite from the series.
December 10, 2012
The best horror film I've seen
December 5, 2012
If they had only put half the effort into the acting and story that they put into the gore...
December 2, 2012
Was kinda stupid and not really scary.
November 9, 2012
crap. none of the cast acted, talked or remotely looked like they would be medical students. Random storyline that backtracked and some scenes had me thinking De-Ja-Vu. Its probably not even worth the time Ro go into more detail, so take this as a message of avoidance.
September 19, 2012
quite boring actually. the mysteries remained a mystery, and has a very poor ending.
August 26, 2012
Not super scary, but at least it wasn't stupid and cheesy.
July 30, 2012
God...! It sucked!!! it was class in some bits but it mainly sucked
½ June 4, 2012
Just a bit too scattered. Really had potential to be much better.
½ May 23, 2012
Movie started out pretty good, but the ending was so dumb! Very disappointed! This one could of been the best out of the series. I feel they just stopped, and threw in a ending. :(
May 14, 2012
Can't help but say that this was a rubbish film. The director's ponderous use of pauses and long, languid tracking shots lack the gravitas he hopes to gain, and a few of the narrative flourishes ring ridiculous and false. It's poorly filmed as well,not the fact it's a low budget horror but the film seemed like a stop motion picture. I shouldn't really count this as a review as I fell asleep half-way through the film and I can tell you I was no where near tired,it was THAT boring. It did, however, get a bit better towards the end and the film did get a bit tensed and the acting wasn't that bad, it's just the plot was boring and slow placed, it felt like the film was going nowhere...even waking up during the film I didn't miss much and catch up was easy. It seemed like a good idea but it's poorly concieved and filmed. Although Jason Todd Ipson did write and direct and that's a talent within itself, he should've maybe passed it on to someone else. Not my type of film either, I'm afraid...
½ May 12, 2012
A few years later Pathology would cover the same ground but far better. The situation and sets are similarly limited but the difference is the story; here it is just so ill-defined and the characters unsympathetic. Its hard to engage with the characters and falls into the trope of making your victims unsympathetic so you can kill them, something that is so counterintuitive to me. Many scenes have promise for tension and horror but everyone either dissipates into nothing or into a random jump-scare and cut. A sad miss for a movie that could easily have been very original but ends up as unwieldy as it's title.
½ May 8, 2012
most frustrating movie i've ever seen
April 19, 2012
Doesn't seem interesting.
April 18, 2012
Interesting flick...its part of the Horrorfest series for 2006. Like the premise with the dead Aztec spirits. Corri English is kinda sexy too!...:)
April 1, 2012
Out of the horrorfest movies I liked this the best.