Unstoppable - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Unstoppable Reviews

November 28, 2015
Not much of a story - a moving train that's got no driver is the theme... Yet the performances, screenplay and editing do a wonderful job in getting our attention and concentration.
Good watch.
½ November 1, 2015
This disaster thriller has the mark of Tony Scott: great action scenes, but weak characters.
October 22, 2015
Just boring.....I mean...A train? And of course they throw in some cliche family issues.

Awful movie is the bottom line..
October 5, 2015
Simply and very entertaining.
October 3, 2015
Powerful, intense, and dramatic train rescue!
September 5, 2015
It's a fun movie, romanticized action with a load of theoretically impossible events. If you apply the combination of "Human error and bad luck" I guess you can get to certain catastrophes, although I assume the same money spent on helicopters and media and all sorts of coverage could have been spent on a mobile vehicle or device to reach that train. It did make working on the railroad look like a fun awesome job, but made me think how can such idiots be responsible for such delicate matters that might cause collateral damage?. I guess we all know a bunch of people who work in a highly responsible position despite their being inadequate, haha.
August 31, 2015
It's a smart movie, go see it
August 22, 2015
Great camera work and photogrpahy. Other than that, just an ordinary action-hazardous situation with a runaway train. Not much here.
August 20, 2015
Tony Scott doing what Tony Scott does, make awesome films. Based on a true story of a run away train in Pennsylvania, Denzel and Chris Pine take you on a heart pounding ride of saving a ton of people. Got a very nostalgic "Speed" vibe from it.
½ August 15, 2015
This was a very good movie. Much better than the 72% by the audience score. I love to take apart movies and there are of course scenes where vehicles and rescue are way to close to the potential disaster but even with that it was a on the edge of your seat movie. Well done Denzel!!
½ August 2, 2015
Despite its two talented lead actors, Unstoppable is a boring action film that somewhat improves near the end
July 27, 2015
Unstoppable, more like Unbelievable. This is one fast paced movie that literally never stops. I don't know what Denzel Washington's fascination with trains is but his last 2 movies have involved them. The whole intrigue of this movie is, how in the hell are they going to stop this train, they try everything and nothing works. The action is just at the right level for this and it works perfectly with a 90 min running time, it doesn't de-rail (ha). Definitely a must see as a fun action flick.
½ July 20, 2015
Runaway train movie. Incredibly annoying camera work. Guy has one move and does it constantly. Very shallow story. Predictable and pandering. Helicopters behave like gnats. Rosario Dawson is solid, as usual. Chris Pine and Denzel Washington just have very little to work with on this script.
July 19, 2015
This is the type of movie that you buy I and you're 50 percent sure you won't like it but you watch it and love it. 4 stars
½ July 18, 2015
A good amount of suspense, thrill and proving worthiness.
July 15, 2015
Chris Pine proves he's more than just a Starfleet captain with Unstoppable. Based on a true story-ish Unstoppable tells the story of a run away train who is bearing down on an unexpecting town. Chris and Denzel are good together and have great chemistry. Go check it out.
July 15, 2015
An entertaining popcorn film that uses its action and its brain more effectively than most in the genre, but has somewhat of an empty heart.
May 30, 2015
This movie was a good action thriller. The cast was good and the plot was good. The entire movie was a combination of a race to stop a ticking time bomb and an intense roller coaster ride.
½ May 29, 2015
Unstoppable is Tony Scott's final movie that seems to leave it off with a big bang.the acting is great with highlights from Chris Pine and Denzel Washington who are having a lot of fun in this. The plot is very simple in it, but is executed very well and it gets exciting, and tense at times. The main characters are really good and it's funny to see Denzel Washington be a wise-crack at it. The chemistry between the two main characters are really well done and it gives off a lot of good humor in it. Mark Bomback had a lot of fun in his script, and he knows about how ridiculous it can be at times. The score by Harry Gregson-Williams is really good and it's nice to see him compose a movie that's not an Adam Sandler movie. The only minor problem I had is that the camerawork is actually not bad, but there are times that it keeps doing the close-up shots which can work, but most of the time it's not needed at all and can be a bit annoying. As is, Unstoppable is not trying to be a thought-provoking film that's trying to have meaning to it, it's trying to be a fun and entertaining popcorn film that knows what it is, and just goes for it.