Unstoppable - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Unstoppable Reviews

December 30, 2015
$9 possibly the best Denzel vehicle is a train on rails.
December 12, 2015
Brilliant cinematography & editing in this film! I enjoyed it immensely!
½ December 8, 2015
Very entertaining and thrilling. Light and pleasant.
November 28, 2015
Not much of a story - a moving train that's got no driver is the theme... Yet the performances, screenplay and editing do a wonderful job in getting our attention and concentration.
Good watch.
½ November 1, 2015
This disaster thriller has the mark of Tony Scott: great action scenes, but weak characters.
October 22, 2015
Just boring.....I mean...A train? And of course they throw in some cliche family issues.

Awful movie is the bottom line..
October 5, 2015
Simply and very entertaining.
October 3, 2015
Powerful, intense, and dramatic train rescue!
September 5, 2015
It's a fun movie, romanticized action with a load of theoretically impossible events. If you apply the combination of "Human error and bad luck" I guess you can get to certain catastrophes, although I assume the same money spent on helicopters and media and all sorts of coverage could have been spent on a mobile vehicle or device to reach that train. It did make working on the railroad look like a fun awesome job, but made me think how can such idiots be responsible for such delicate matters that might cause collateral damage?. I guess we all know a bunch of people who work in a highly responsible position despite their being inadequate, haha.
August 31, 2015
It's a smart movie, go see it
August 22, 2015
Great camera work and photogrpahy. Other than that, just an ordinary action-hazardous situation with a runaway train. Not much here.
August 20, 2015
Tony Scott doing what Tony Scott does, make awesome films. Based on a true story of a run away train in Pennsylvania, Denzel and Chris Pine take you on a heart pounding ride of saving a ton of people. Got a very nostalgic "Speed" vibe from it.
½ August 15, 2015
This was a very good movie. Much better than the 72% by the audience score. I love to take apart movies and there are of course scenes where vehicles and rescue are way to close to the potential disaster but even with that it was a on the edge of your seat movie. Well done Denzel!!
½ August 2, 2015
Despite its two talented lead actors, Unstoppable is a boring action film that somewhat improves near the end
July 27, 2015
Unstoppable, more like Unbelievable. This is one fast paced movie that literally never stops. I don't know what Denzel Washington's fascination with trains is but his last 2 movies have involved them. The whole intrigue of this movie is, how in the hell are they going to stop this train, they try everything and nothing works. The action is just at the right level for this and it works perfectly with a 90 min running time, it doesn't de-rail (ha). Definitely a must see as a fun action flick.
½ July 20, 2015
Runaway train movie. Incredibly annoying camera work. Guy has one move and does it constantly. Very shallow story. Predictable and pandering. Helicopters behave like gnats. Rosario Dawson is solid, as usual. Chris Pine and Denzel Washington just have very little to work with on this script.
July 19, 2015
This is the type of movie that you buy I and you're 50 percent sure you won't like it but you watch it and love it. 4 stars
½ July 18, 2015
A good amount of suspense, thrill and proving worthiness.
July 15, 2015
Chris Pine proves he's more than just a Starfleet captain with Unstoppable. Based on a true story-ish Unstoppable tells the story of a run away train who is bearing down on an unexpecting town. Chris and Denzel are good together and have great chemistry. Go check it out.
July 15, 2015
An entertaining popcorn film that uses its action and its brain more effectively than most in the genre, but has somewhat of an empty heart.