Unstrung Heroes - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Unstrung Heroes Reviews

August 9, 2008
This reminds me a little too much of my own family.
August 7, 2008
everyone should have a bizarre uncle or 2.
July 24, 2008
A great way for a boy to come to terms with one of life's bitterest lessons. His unstable uncles help him find his way back to say good-bye.
June 6, 2008
Love it. One of the great unseen films. Fantastic cast. Story that touches the heart.
May 28, 2008
Love it. Awesome cast, fantastic cast and story. Makes my heart ache.
May 5, 2008
So nice to see a coming-of-age movie where the rebellious kid actually defies his parents by becoming MORE religious. Everybody in this film is amazing, and the direction by Diane Keaton is exquisite. My favorite scene centers around Ray Charles' snappy rendition of "You are my sunshine." Do yourself a favor and watch this! Smart movie!
March 22, 2008
An ok movie at the time...
February 24, 2008
"look! there's hitlert's father!"
January 31, 2008
I will never be able to watch this movie without crying my eyes out. . .I don't usually like coming of age stories, but this coming of age/confrontation with death/religious revelation is interesting, well-acted, and has a level of reality that many are missing. Why the low Flixster rating?
January 20, 2008
A very beautiful movie that reminds me of my father. Quirky, lovely, and very underrated.
December 28, 2007
Overlooked gem with one of my favorite actors. It's moving without being a sapfest.
December 15, 2007
Not well known but very good. Great performance by Michael Richards,
December 6, 2007
Funny, original, touching, all around good movie. The actress who played the mother did an incredible job, and as always, Michael Richards is always funny in my book.
½ December 3, 2007
Love this one with all of my heart. Especially the young actor.
November 9, 2007
the best movie i have ever seen about the loss of a mother with limited sappiness. extremely underrated movie, i think, by diane keaton.
October 17, 2007
This movie breaks my heart each time I see it. I strongly encourage you to watch it!!!!
October 12, 2007
Unusual movie - it's as strange as Kramer himself.
½ September 29, 2007
A very compelling, memorable movie. Diane Keaton's direction is amazing-- the story-telling is vivid and pitch-perfect. The acting is excellent, too, with the exception of Andy MacDowell. Her performance is certainly competent, but doesn't rise to the level of the rest of the cast, and she always seems slightly out of place. The film is based on journalist Franz Lidz's memoir of his childhood.
½ August 15, 2007
Good cast. Interesting. Arthouse movie?
½ August 13, 2007