Untamed Heart - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Untamed Heart Reviews

September 24, 2016
Tomei's big eyes and Slaters baboons heart, along with Nat King Cole's song make this a memorable emotional drama.
September 11, 2016
Sweet story, well acted. Nothing out of this world, but I didn't feel bored or annoyed.
½ June 19, 2016
Christian Slater play a shy bus boy in a diner who secretly loves waitress Marisa Tomei. When Slater rescues her from an attempted rape, the two develop a relationship as Slater's mysterious past comes into focus. I remember when I originally watched this film back in my video store clerk days I found it overly dramatics, emotionally manipulative, and generally a rather contrived melodrama, but at the same time I really liked it. This film is absolutely an overwrought sappy melodrama, but it's a quite god one. Slater is very likable as if Tomei, coming hot off her unexpected Oscar win for "My Cousin Vinny." Cliff Eidelman provides a sensitive score and director of photography Jost Vacano (Das Boot, Total Recall, Robocop) gives the film a fairy tale feel, though I believe most of the film's success goes to director Tony Bill who brings a sincerity to the story and the characters and elevates this from the usual films of this ilk.
February 2, 2016
Low key romantic drama about a shy busboy who falls in love with a down-on-her- luck waitress. Both Slater and Tomei are perfectly cast in this old fashioned love story that works every time. I love the scene at a North Stars hockey game!
½ December 30, 2015
Loved it - one of the best romance films ever!
December 7, 2015
A cute little love story.
April 8, 2015
One touching heartfelt scene does not a movie make.....just didn't buy into it.
December 30, 2014
I am so happy I watched this movie, it gives you that good warm feeling inside. At the end I thought I was going to wanted to jump ship like I did when Dobby died in the 7th harry potter movie but it was the perfect bitter sweet ending. This is definitely going to be a rewatch for me. I love to watch movies, media is my life, this one touched my heart in a special way. Definitely suggest you watch this.
October 3, 2014
I absolutely love this movie!! It's so adorable, sweet and sad but it's only of the best romance movies (in my opinion) I've really ever seen!
August 21, 2014
Good soundtrack but lacked in realisticness and acting from the other leads.
June 3, 2014
Don't judge it--the story is touching overall and the ending is not predictable. I love this movie.
February 22, 2014
a good and likeable rom-dram
½ February 8, 2014
it gets an extra star for having good looking, talented actors. But it was a crap movie when it came out 20 years ago, and it's still a crap movie when it's the best thing on tv because it's only competing with the Olympics and golf.
December 14, 2013
UNTAMED HEART is a fairy tale- but not a well concieved one. But I have to admit- I liked it. The relationship between Slater and Tomei is a great, very moving one. But the film is rather cold and cynical towards Slater's character, and you can't help but like the character- no matter how strange he is here. That is a mistake this script did not intend to make- Slater's performance is very good here.
June 7, 2013
Rosie Perez got on my last nerve with that voice of hers but overall really liked it. Christian Slater is one of my favorites too.
½ May 2, 2013
Christian Slater goes method...
April 17, 2013
Five stars is not nearly enough to rate this movie. I would give it 20 stars if i could!!!! LOVE THIS MOVIE!!
½ April 13, 2013
Still enjoy this one
April 13, 2013
shhhh....don't tell nobody but once in a while, I am a real sucker for a good tear jerker!!!
April 4, 2013