Up and Down (Horem Pádem) (Loop the Loop) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Up and Down (Horem Pádem) (Loop the Loop) Reviews

March 8, 2013
I really liked this movie, especially what it had to say about racism and the use of characters who were just ordinary people, not evil villains, to say it. The way the characters and their lives intertwined, the use of some funny comedy moments, and the understandable emotion between the characters made the film a series of very absorbing stories that continued to hold your interest. I particularly like the end credits, too, with their collection of wind-up toys. All-in-all, a very rewarding cinema experience.
March 7, 2013
I really liked it...unlike anything I've seen before, but great characters and acting. Richy developed storyline...the ending doesn't resolve everything so I wouldn't recommend to those who liked tidy conclusions.
April 17, 2012
A strange Czech film about race tolerance and especially about intolerance, about emigrants, imigrants... and life itself :) ...

The best catch-phrase... about a baby of imigrants with dark skin: "On jet? vybledne..." ("He will still fade...") :)))
December 31, 2011
Beautifully done. The actors are wonderful. Czech women are beautiful at every age! Dekuji.
November 24, 2010
Foreign, Czech. Good movie. Funny in some parts and sad in others. Average story, but done in a very good way. All people tied by a common thread. I liked it.
November 24, 2010
This one can be a bit polarising depending on the viewer's expectations. Watched it last night thinking it would be a comedy, but I'd have to say it veers more towards drama with a couple of funny moments. The plot is sometimes a bit clunky but quite clever. The different (intersecting) stories make an interesting assessment of race, migration, and class issues in present-day Europe. Worth watching when you are in the mood for a good foreign film.
November 24, 2010
everything goes back to the starting point finally.
November 24, 2010
BLEW MY MIND! Great intertwining tale of characters! Cast was great and story surreally funny.
November 24, 2010
I feel like this was a good movie, but only if you know a lot about Czech culture and history (which I don't).
November 24, 2010
I had no idea how it would all fit together but the story did. What a messed up world.
½ November 24, 2010
This is a jumbled mess. The storiesdon't come off as authentic at all, the writing is all over the place, the acting is beyond melodramatic with hardly any shred of truth. I admit I'm baffled as to why the critics liked this one...
½ June 27, 2010
Director Jan Hrebejk beautifully mixes dark comedy with drama in this very well acted and interesting film. Always interesting to watch, it?s provocative and thought provoking and has a wonderfully original style. It makes it?s point subtly yet clearly. The cinematography is stylish, the score is wonderful.
½ June 27, 2010
70/100. Director Jan Hrebejk beautifully mixes dark comedy with drama in this very well acted and interesting film. Always interesting to watch, it's provocative and thought provoking and has a wonderfully original style. It makes it's point subtly yet clearly. The cinematography is stylish, the score is wonderful.
June 1, 2010
A bit much to take overall, but good bits throughout.
½ February 6, 2010
A Guy Ritchie-type comedy with many plots that come together at the end.
December 28, 2009
Gosh. I watched this after coming back from a road trip. I could still hear my friend's singing (in Serb) during the entire long drive, "Gore ... Gore-dole" (which coincidentally also means: Up and Down) despite my begging him to stop. Must be karma :-( But don't let that discourage you. This a good-funny Czech movie.
½ December 24, 2009
i saw this more as a tragedy than a comedy. not one person, of the main ones anyway, did i admire or empathize with. maybe that's the point. look at these fools and how their selfishness is destroying other people. but like a good and bloody train wreck I kept watching. what could these losers possibly do next. and i kept watching cause i wanted to know
½ July 13, 2009
Reading a brief description of the plot you can think this movie will be schematic and boring. Indeed it is a bit schematic at times, but all the absurd Czech sense of humor and attitude makes up for it. Quite pleasant adventure with Czech cinema. However dont try to dig too deep, as you might get disappointed, all these stories dont really fit together well.
December 26, 2008
intersection of totally different people, good stories; although racism and fanaticism are ahead, there are also nice people in this world...