Up Close & Personal - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Up Close & Personal Reviews

September 14, 2016
It's a love story with some truth and grit, and I love that.
October 25, 2015
When the critics and the audience are so divided, it's better to trust the audience. Just because the movie is full of cliches, doesn't mean its poorly executed. Up Close & Personal is a low-key but graceful movie.
½ September 7, 2015
It hardly seems possible that movie stars as radiant as Robert Redford and Michelle Pffeifer could appear in a movie about as exciting as an infomercial, yet that's exactly what happened here.
August 10, 2015
I really liked up close and personal Robert redford and michelle pffeifer were great together way better than broadcast news
May 29, 2015
Great film watched with Carolyn 28/5/15
½ April 27, 2015
Time filler if bored.....really,really bored.
February 10, 2015
Most boring movie I've ever seen. No kidding.
January 30, 2015
love this movie on my favorites, such a sad and meaningful movie. and love the theme song because you loved me by celine dion my # 1 favorite singer and my idol
½ September 24, 2014
Ugh...This Has Sappy, Lame Fake Love Story Written All Over It & Just Gets Worse From There...Real Life Has Far More Twists & Turns. This Predictably Doesn't & Therefore Is Plain Old Crap.
½ May 10, 2014
It started off as a cute workplace dramady but it soon got too sappy. Michelle Pfieffer is always great and Redford does a fine job too. The ending was one of those "you're got to be kidding me" endings at how sappy it was. The real winner from this movie is the song the was written for the movie "Because You Loved Me" by Celine Dion
February 15, 2014
One of my favorite movie
November 22, 2013
One of my favorite tear jerkers!
October 1, 2013
A little long. The ending was very sad.
½ February 19, 2013
Boring. Not that good.
February 4, 2013
Adore this film and adore Michelle even more!
January 2, 2013
I absolutely love love love this movie, it's such an awesome romantic love story....
January 2, 2013
good chem betwewen the leads in this engaging rom-dram.
December 24, 2012
touching journey to become a great reporter..
½ December 8, 2012
If you disregard this being based on true story (apparently a loose interpretation) it is a lovely, entertaining story, despite being formulaic. It is a movie you can watch again and again, even though I cry every time I watch it. As well as being a frothy romance, it is also a hopeful rags to riches "Pygmalion" story. Robert Redford has got the looks and talent, that's for sure.
December 7, 2012
Would like to get round to seeing!