Up the Sandbox - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Up the Sandbox Reviews

½ October 19, 2007
If you didn't get it, you must have been born in the 80's. If you kind of got it, but didn't like it - you missed the point.
½ August 20, 2007
I have to give at least 2.5 points because barbra is in it but to be honest i didn't have a clue what was going on in the 'dream' sequences!!
July 7, 2007
Duno wat this wud be like
July 2, 2007
This movie is not very well known but I thought it was interesting and thoughtful and Barbra is great in it.
June 9, 2007
Okay I utterly and truly love you Barbra but this film borders on the ridiculous, I couldnt stay awake throughout the entire film!
June 5, 2007
This is an utterly ridiculous, fantastical 70's second-wave feminist romp, in which Babs plays a bored housewife who, among other things, fantasizes herself the lover to a Lesbian Castro and joins a group of Black nationalists to bomb the Statue of Liberty.

Aspects of this are highly problematic -- particularly a primitivist excursion into tribal Africa -- but it's a fascinating document of a particular cultural moment and ridiculously entertaining.
½ May 28, 2007
Really tries to capture the sense of frustration women felt at the time, and succeeds with some of them... still worth a watch!
½ December 31, 2006
Intriguing subject and Streisand's first to tackle many social and political issues.
October 29, 2006
Not one of Streisand's best but still a good film.
August 6, 2006
6.5/10. Interesting but little known Barbra Streisand film. She gives a very fine performance. The film is an uneasy mix of fantasy, drama and comedy, but overall it works. It must have been unusual in 1972, ahead of it's time.
June 27, 2006
Sorry Babs, honey, this isn't one of your best. Some scenes were good, but I felt overall that it was just plain kookey