Upright Citizens Brigade - ASSSSCAT! - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Upright Citizens Brigade - ASSSSCAT! Reviews

½ September 13, 2014
Loved it, great cast, v.funny
December 23, 2012
Best improv ever haha....every viewing is funnier! Kate Walsh remains bad
March 26, 2012
This recording of a live Upright Citizens Brigade show has it's funny moments. Like any live show, it's hit or miss. Fortunately, they have an all-star cast of folks that have now gone on to Saturday Night Live or various movies and sitcoms. It's funny, but not enough to wow every audience.
May 21, 2011
OMFG.. I can't believe how funny this is. And, I didn't even understand half of it!! I wish they would have spoken louder.
March 22, 2011
I'm not really a huge fan of sketch but this managed to make me laugh for an hour.
November 3, 2010
While watching it, all I could think was how great some of these skits would have been on the show. Made me miss UCB.
October 3, 2010
Disappointingly boring and unfunny. This was an appearance of the UCB cast in an improvisational format that, apparently, they were really not capable of pulling off. There were some funny moments, but it suffered from a sheer lack of focus. Also, these particular players are better at awkward, smart, subtle humor; the silly, goofy random thing isn't their thing.
½ August 14, 2010
Watch for audience members Will Arnet, John Krasinski, Bradly Cooper, Dax Shepard, and Liv Tyler.
June 2, 2010
Thought it would be funnier that it was.
March 8, 2010
Brilliant! Makes me want to spend another arm and leg for more UCB classes.
½ January 13, 2010
I really do not like improv, but if anyone can make it funny, it's the UCB. And they... um... kind of do.
½ November 26, 2009
As a huge fan of the old sketch comedy series on Comedy Central, I was a little disappointed with this. It's just one of their improv shows taped. It's pretty amusing, and there are a few big laughs (and I'm sure if I was watching it live it would be better), but it doesn't really compare to the brilliance of the show. It is kind of interesting to see the improv process though, and you can kind of see where the surreal weirdness of some of their sketches comes from. UBC fans, check it out (it's only about an hour long, so not a huge time commitment either).
October 27, 2009
Outstanding improv from the masters. UCB showcase.
October 9, 2008
Almost perfect - the monologists are the only weak point - and make sure you watch ALL the extras!
½ August 31, 2008
Improv comedy always has a way of making me laugh harder than ever. The material on here is asstastic.
½ April 24, 2008
A lot of great material in here. It's a bit short, but the extras make it worth the price.

Also, the commentary is indespensible for those trying to grasp the inner workings of long form improvisation.
April 10, 2008
I have a Pink Floyd album that doesn't make any sense to me.
April 9, 2008
Pretty funny, though Kate Walsh is on here for some reason, and is totally terrible. Bad, bad guest, UCB! Why put her on your only DVD?
½ April 7, 2008
this is pretty fucking funny, especially for improv, which i don't usually like. tom lennon told some funny stories and my favorite bits were based on his marijuana stories. don't worry non-stoners, he's not a stoner either.
April 4, 2008
I wish it lasted longer. Plus, half the people on the cast list I didn't see in this. But, for the time it lasted, it was very funny.