Upside Down: The Creation Records Story Reviews

• Nov 25, 2015

Its on netflix! Most of my favorite groups are on this label.

Its on netflix! Most of my favorite groups are on this label.

• Jul 11, 2015

Really good rockumentary. Spending the rest of the weekend with Primal Scream, The Jesus and Mary Chain, My Bloody Valentine and Oasis. And exploring some new 25 year old finds.

• Jun 02, 2015

Interesting look at a very important label. They speak English but watch it with subtitles ... trust me.

• Feb 23, 2014

Really great documentary for serious music lovers and those that, in particular, enjoyed the pinkish, alternative scene from England during the 80's and early 90's.

• Sep 05, 2012

Some great memories of 90s indie music. Those were the days...

Some great memories of 90s indie music. Those were the days...

• Dec 09, 2011

Without doubt, this is core constituency stuff for me - I followed the fortunes of Creation blow by blow throughout the Eighties with the relatively obscure likes of The Loft, The Jasmine Minks and Slowdive as much part of my formative musical education as My Bloody Valentine, The House of Love and The Jesus and Mary Chain. I once headed up to Kentish Town from Berkshire to see Creation's celebratory 'Doing It for the Kids' concert only to be astonished that there were people who liked the same music as me - the event being oversubscribed. But even I would admit that the story gets more interesting after the Valentines spent all that money on Loveless and a couple of yobbos from Burnage came on board. At the time, I saw the ginger ninja Alan McGee as a slightly gauche figure amid all the trendies but he was as badly behaved as the best of them - coordinating weekend long drug benders from the firm's dingy Hackney offices. There are some great interviews and good footage of the early days plus lots of Alan McGee looking ludicrous in a pork pie hat.

• Nov 07, 2011

was alright, just got bored of how much of dick alan mcgee was... if your a band type and into 90's britpop you'll love it.

• Sep 10, 2011

Although you truly can't understand half of what McGee is saying you'll enjoy it if you knew the bands and have heard the records.

• Jul 18, 2011

Great story but the documentary is lit like shit and the sound is all over the shop.

• Jul 17, 2011

Jag minns att Göran "Bommen" Bylund hade en Ride t-shirt kring 1990.Om du tyckte det lät det minsta coolt så bör du kolla in den här dokumentären. Tack till Fredrik"Svedda"Svedberg för DVDn.