Upworld - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Upworld Reviews

½ February 9, 2013
Police officer breaks a diamond smuggling operation with the assistance of a key witness--a gnome. Special effects ace Stan Winston directs and creates the gnome, presumably inspired by E.T. Seemed too violent to be aimed at children and not credible enough for adults.
½ October 27, 2012
Anthony Michael Hall as a goofy cop who works with a gnome who witnesses him botch an undercover assignment to crack a diamond smuggling ring. Lame premise is surprisingly watchable and has a few funny parts.
October 7, 2012
A Gnome Named Gnorm (Upworld)
May 7, 2012
my husband showed me this movie and i fell in love with it.
½ June 7, 2011
feeling retro today, well my excuse for not doing any housework, i downloaded this film that i saw years ago, the story my well be stupid but itis done so well its worth seeing,
anthony michael hall looks different now but clauida christian has changed very littlein the 20 years this film has been about.
April 10, 2011
An eccentric, somewhat stupid, somewhat goofy movie about a cop and a gnome. Interestingly enough, it's directed by makeup and special effects legend Stan Winston. I liked it a bit, but overall, it's just a mediocre movie.
July 25, 2010
I sort of expected this to be really bad, but it was actually kind of good. Had some great moments in dialogue.
½ January 5, 2010
I've loved this movie since I was little! So cute :D
December 14, 2009
I have no idea who this movie is being marketed too which is part of it's charm. Watch only if you like very mismatched buddy cop movies.
½ August 6, 2009
Haven't seen this all the way through (difficult to do during big family holiday meals), but would love to find it somewhere on DVD or on-line.
June 13, 2009
i love this movie. I wish they would put it on a dvd.
April 13, 2009
This looks so bad I have to see it!
½ January 10, 2009
love this film but i hear the original has been deleted so sad
½ December 22, 2008
September 9, 2008
i rented this movie for my kids some 20yrs. ago and have been looking for it since.i want to buy a copy of it so we can play it at christmas time when the whole family is together.
June 10, 2008
I SAW THIS MOVIE SO LONG AGO, IT WAS GREAT, MY KIDS LOVED IT ALSO. WISH THEY WOULD RE-RELEASE IT ON DVD.. FLIXTER SAYS ITS AVAILABLE ON DVD BUT CAN NOT FIND IT ANYWHERE. EBAY HAS ON IT VHS BUT WOULD MUCH RATHER IT ON DVD... GREAT MOVIE WITH THE LATE JERRY ORBACH.
May 25, 2008
top class movie funniest i have ever seen must be watched.,
February 17, 2008
A pretty fantastic kiddie movie that I apparently still enjoy the hell out of now. Also, the animatronics of Gnorm's face were pretty spectacular.
½ February 16, 2008
I loved this movie and have searched everywhere for it to download or to buy. I thought it was so funny.
February 12, 2008
I Love this film. A great mixture of jokes for kids and the hidden ones for adults. Gnorm is a tunnler who steals his worlds special stone to bring it up to the sun to be recharged. He arrives just in time to see a bust go bad and a guy being murdered. The killer makes off with Gnorms stone. Gnorm teams up with Detective Casey a slacker who is heading for a desk job for messed up bust. They must solve the case and find the stone before its to late for them both.