Urban Ghost Story - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Urban Ghost Story Reviews

½ May 6, 2013
Falls flat as a cake with no yeast.....tries to be too many things and achieves none,
April 20, 2013
Atmospherics and photography elevate a well trodden story line. Worth a look.
½ November 18, 2012
it was ok, just ok, nothing special, I don't think I can watch the film again, it wasn't scary, nothing really happened, kinda boring, I expected better and it starred Billy Boyd (Pippin from Lord of the Rings)
October 11, 2012
Scottish Supernatural Drama Based In Glasgow, Which See's 12 Year Old Lizzie Fisher Brought Back From The Dead After An Ecstasy Enduced Car Accident. During The 184 Seconds She Was Dead, She's Convinced Something Latched On To Her. This Film Uses Some Great Atmosphere. The Story Was Good & Executed Brilliantly. This Inde Flick Is All About The Guilt We Feel When Someone Close To Us Die. A Great Wee Enjoyable Flick.
June 10, 2012
It sucks. Don't see it. It is miserable to watch, not including the fact that it looks like it was filmed with an HD camera bought at Fred Meyers.
January 30, 2012
Utterly amateurish. Doesn't know whether to cling to the clich├ (C)s of horror or the clich├ (C)s of all those violent Glaswegian social dramas. In the end chooses neither and goes nowhere.
February 5, 2011
Bleak Drama with social welfare setting about a single-parent family haunted by paranormal activities. Very UK underclass based on actual poltergeist events, so you get a few creepy moments as well.
October 29, 2010
Didnt really make much sense.
½ December 22, 2009
Interesante planteamiento de la clasica historia de casas encantadas. la pelicula fluctua entre el drama social de una familia de clase media-baja y los fenomenos paranormales sufridos por la misma. A medida que transcurre la cinta te das cuenta que el transfondo social tiene cada vez mas peso en la historia y deja en un segundo plano el tema de los fenomenos paranormales. Una madre exdrogadicta ahogada por las deudas a la que ha abandonado el marido, su hija de 12 a├▒os atormentada por un sentimiento de culpa al haber matado involuntariamente a su amigo en un accidente de coche. Su amiga, una joven madre soltera que corre el riesgo de que le quiten la custodia de su hijo por culpa tambien de las drogas. Un manipulador periodista de un periodico sobre casos paranormales, interesado solo en ganar dinero y... sorpresa, un joven Peregrin 'pipin" tuck haciendo de extorsionador de poca monta. En general, una buena pelicula con un enfoque diferente del que estamos acostumbrados a ver en este genero, cada vez mas endogamico.
November 20, 2009
A superb supernatural/psycological drama. With a skillful blend of gritty inner city life and the hint of supernatural that never quite makes it's presense unambigiously felt leaving the investigators and viewers guessing.

Impeccable pacing and gradual build up of suspense and tension make this film an absolute masterpiece. All kinds of themes are touched upon here and were expertly handled. I cannot recommend this film highly enough.

It takes a lot to bring a tear to my eye these days and this film, I'm not ashamed to admit, succeeded.
October 17, 2009
This would be no more than a tv movie if it had have been made in the States, but as a bleak Scottish horror it still doesn't get a pass mark.
October 16, 2009
very good film, really liked it.
½ October 15, 2009
Whilst not an overly exciting film, it is probably true to life with how a lot of modern hauntings are.
July 15, 2009
Ken Loach meets "The Exorcist" in this passable attempt at a non-Hollywood horror flick.
½ April 4, 2008
Interesting ghost story set in England. Once you get past all the cockney the story is pretty interesting in how it unfolds from a ghost story to a poltergeist to a young girl's guilt of a friend's death.
November 1, 2007
Not interested. I usually avoid horror movies.
September 12, 2007
Excellent view on percpetions of the paranormal.
August 16, 2007
from the Guerillas themselves, I wish they'd make another film
½ July 24, 2007
I don't know what was suppose to be scarier the creepy noises, the minister with a tatoo, or Billy Boyd as a gangster?
June 5, 2007
Creepy. I thought the story ended up being rather poignant. Also, LOANSHARK. x.x