V for Vendetta - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

V for Vendetta Reviews

½ June 25, 2016
Fun, edgy, and surprisingly relevant, but a little too pretentious for my blood. No doubt that it had a lot of important things to say, and it looked visually stunning, but it was just a little too preachy for me.
March 16, 2010
Unique, thrilling story. Great escape movie.
June 20, 2016
Que tonto fui al esperar tanto para verla, como diría calamardo "Tantos Años desperdiciados ??"
June 16, 2016
Stylish action accompanied by a timeless political ideal.
½ October 30, 2007
This movie is even more relevant than it was the first time I saw it years ago. It's a very well told story and well executed film. I wish something like this would happen in real life and take down this corrupt power structure.
June 14, 2016
A very inconspicuously twisted film. As the movie progresses it reveals more tricks it has up its sleeve leaving you in perplexed numerous times. I like it and it keeps the audience intrigued and wish there were more films like this out there.
½ November 30, 2013
Dec 12, 2014

Nashville tN

Jake Ousley
Matt DeHoog
½ June 8, 2016
Though nice dialogue and ideas. Purpose seems to evade me.
December 18, 2013
Tiene todos los ingredientes para llegar al alma de cualquier espectador. El guion es pieza clave para el buen desarrollo del film y la actuacion de Portman es un gusto. Ademas el mensaje social se mantiene aun vigente en muchas partes del mundo
June 3, 2016
V For Vendetta is a movie packed with good performances, the story is a hit or miss story for many people, and it's based on the foundations of a very interesting topic which has been used in many movies, but not like this.
May 27, 2016
V For Vendetta (2005) ??? 132m. D: James McTeigue. Hugo Weaving, Natalie Portman, Stephen Rea, John Hurt, Stephen Fry. Well-done adaptation of comic series about freedom fighter in bleak British future taking revenge on the city's tyranny; he plans to overthrow the entire government with the help from a young woman. Action-thrilled, often thought-provoking, even lyrical at times, with a surprisingly provocative (and relatable) role for Portman. Written by the Wachowski brothers. If only it could escape its comic book ambiance!
½ May 9, 2011
An intriguing and thoughtful look into how we're to protest our government.
½ May 19, 2016
This is one of the best comic book to film adaptations I've seen. Hugo Weaving is amazing and Natalie Portman is good as well. I won't say anything else. Just watch it.
½ May 16, 2016
Einfach ein groer Film!
½ June 11, 2007
Super true movie. Loved it so much...
April 9, 2016
Brilliant film with a powerful political message. V For Vendetta provokes the ideas of everything you thought you knew about politics. Bringing back the ideas of the founding fathers and the philosophy of a proper government, the film is set in a futuristic totalitarian government that imprisons its citizen whom live in fear.

Hugo Weaving's character, V, is the man with a plan. You cant help but to admire V as he stands up for what is right against the evil of the government. However, everything is so beautifully executed that it's almost romantic. V has such a poetic way that he speaks about his ideas on justice and politics. Hugo Weaving masterfully created a memorable character without using a single facial expression.

Additionally, Natalie Portman performed one of her most definitive performances as Evey. Evey is an unlikely commoner to become the face of a new generational revolution. She is the character that we draw to as she resembles the audience. We both are enlightened by V's philosophy and vision for a better future and you cant help but to have those ideas resonate with you.

V for Vendetta is the perfect film to enlighten yourself with political ideas in the most entertaining way.
½ May 8, 2016
Exciting and interesting movie.
May 5, 2016
Ebbene, come si fa a non amare questo film?! E' unico e non riesco a trovargli nessun difetto. Il messaggio forte e chiaro: ci si pu liberare da qualsiasi tirannia, collaborando insieme e avendo una forte convinzione nella libert.
½ May 4, 2016
Part revenge movie, part political commentary, part sci-fi, all engaging. V is the human embodiment of anarchic disdain for over-bearing government. As thought provoking as it is paranoid, and as beautiful as it is disturbing. My only complaint is its slowness of pace and lack of a rather lacklustre final showdown. John Hurt was absolutely brilliant as the sinister chancellor.