V for Vendetta - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

V for Vendetta Reviews

½ June 25, 2017
The message is a bit questionable, and the writing is a little...not...good, but overall it's a decent thriller with some great style and interesting political commentary. The CG blood looks super fake, though.
½ June 18, 2017
Pretty unique and some cool action but kind of boring
June 17, 2017
Fantastic movie !!! I loved it
June 10, 2017
An amazingly bold story. While not a 100% faithful adaptation of a great comic book, the movie manages to weave several characters story arcs into a final montage. If you appreciate well written monologues and being asked to think during your entertainment then you might just find this to be an epic revelatory movie.
½ June 1, 2017
It wants to be more profound than it is, but V for Vendetta leaves audiences confused and slightly cheesed-out.
May 31, 2017
a classic that still rings true today
May 25, 2017
Masterful and thought-provoking. Hugo Weaving was fantastic. I didn't expect to like this movie as much as I did, and had put off seeing it for a long time. It was well worth the wait. (First and only viewing - 5/18/2017)
½ May 24, 2017
Great movie! Loved the acting, plot and characters, definitely a movie worth watching.
½ May 14, 2017
Politically strong and very well acted, V for Vendetta is an anarchist's dream come true, but the film in its own right can be enjoyed thanks to Hugo Weaving's brilliant portrayal of the radical V.
½ May 9, 2017
Totally loved It! makes you think, its always good when a movie can do that
April 28, 2017
V For Vendetta counts with a refreshing story context for the slasher genre. The dialogues were clever as the the visuals were dazzling and the fight scenes well-filmed. The problem of this movie was the lack of preocupation of making something with more plot twists or with an unpredictable narrative. Since the beggining until the end I could easily predict every scene after the scene and that turned the movie less interesting that it could have been. Natalie Portman wans't a bad choice for the main role, but she didn't nailed it too, failing in transmit some emotions to the spectator.
½ April 24, 2017
A respectable movie. While it wasn't completely entertaining to me, the meaning behind the movie made it worth watching. The action sequences were very good especially with a comic book character no one's seen anything of. Overall, the movie felt a bit lackluster but the story made it great.
April 14, 2017
Loved V in this movie. Natalie Portman, not as much, but she did pretty good for most of it. Aside from a big lull in the middle, it was an awesome movie.
March 25, 2017
inspiring in the way the film is presented
March 20, 2017
It's not a terrible film, but after a few viewings it becomes quite tiresome. Why they chose Natalie Portman for the lead is beyond me. I?m loathed to say it, but Keira Knightley would have been better suited - even though she is a terribly bland actress. Hugo Weaving's voice is becoming popular now (also lending his vocals to Megatron in 'Transformers'), and he does very well for a man only ever shown in a mask, although we could have done without the cockney-accent scene. The rest of the acting, and the rest of the film for that matter was very ho-hum. They could have played more on the ironic choice of John Hurt as the 'Big Brother' styled Prime Minister (a stark contrast to his role in '1984').
March 5, 2017
One of the best movies I've ever seen!
March 5, 2017
Its incredible....Very powerfull movie.. it makes you think... and it will prolly make you cry
February 27, 2017
9/10 ign would ign agen plz mony thunks
February 25, 2017
As good as any movie gets, in my opinion.
February 24, 2017
Great movie I'd say this is the best comic book movie with powerful moments and well handled the,es like terrorsim.