Vacación Fraternal (1985) - Rotten Tomatoes

TOMATOMETER

——

——

AUDIENCE SCORE

Critic Consensus: No consensus yet.

Vacación Fraternal Videos

Vacación Fraternal Photos

Movie Info

Tres jóvenes salen hacia Palm Springs en California en búsqueda de jovencitas y diversión. Stephen Geoffreys, Sheree J. Wilson, Tim Robbins, Cameron Dye.
Rating:
R (adult situations/language, nudity)
Genre:

Roberta Whitewood
as Ashley's Body Double
Show More Cast

Critic Reviews for Vacación Fraternal

All Critics (3) | Top Critics (2)

As directed by James Frawley, the film has only two passable gags.

New York Times
Top Critic

Don't get me wrong. I have nothing against dumb sex comedies. All I object to is the fact that "Fraternity Vacation" is playing with half a deck -- the male half. The men are the characters and the women are the objects.

Chicago Sun-Times
Top Critic

Inane though inoffensive.

TV Guide

Audience Reviews for Vacación Fraternal

Director: James Frawley Year: 1985 Cast: Tim Robbins, Evil Ed, that guy from Hamburger...the Motion Picture, the dad from Alf, Marcy D'Arcy, Nick Lassard, Dean Wormer, and Walker Texas Ranger's wench. In attempt to capitalize on the zany 70's and 80's late night comedy craze, James Frowley assembled an ensemble cast of characters in order to enlighten the imagination of every teenage boy in the US. Tim Robbins plays Larry "Mother" Tucker, a frat brother who has taken fledgling nerd Wendell under his wing with the mission of getting him laid per the request of Willie Tanner. I guess it makes sense why Alf was always chasing after that pussy. The movie falls flat on its face many times even though the cast play their all to familiar roles all too well. It is as though Dean Wormer found a new job as police chief after leaving the hallowed halls of Faber College. The premise is simple and rehashed a million times over. Boys go on spring break. Herpes jokes occur. Boys meet the love interest (Sherre J. Wilson). Boys bet on who can bang her first. Nerdy guy goes on dates. No one humps the hot chick until Evil Ed woos here with his sweetness the end. The cast moons the camera. (How come no one moons any more?) This movie contains two of the more flat-chested women in the history of cinema. Wilson and Amanda Bearse could group all four of their hooters together and still would not have enough sweater meat to fill a ketchup packet. What was the deal with women who had 13 year old boy bodies being cast as the lead in the 80's, Kelly McGillis (wink, wink). There is essentially no one here who takes my breath away except for: Kathleen Kinmont's boobs make this movie worthwhile. They are the type of knockers that make a grown man like Celine Dion music. I would wander aimlessly in the desert for 15 years with shoes filled with broken glass just to lick the sweat off her bikini. Wick! All in all, the movie is worth watching if you enjoy the late night comedies and perfect boobs, or you could search Kathleen's yam bags. I leave you with a line from the movie that sums up the the film best: "I guess a blow job in the parking lot is out of the question!"

Ernie Tubesock
Ernie Tubesock

above average sex romp. I like the films B&W opening, and the films more serious side. It doesn't wear-out it's welcome, and Robbins, Geoffreys, and Dye are the perfect trio for this. The music works, the first hour is pretty good, but the finale' is an ultra-predicatble let-down. If you're gonna revisit "one of these" - this would be a pretty good one.

jeremy w
jeremy w
½

Yet another of those mindless would-be sex comedies. But this one was actually amusing. Not amusing enough but amusing.

Matthew James
Matthew James

Vacación Fraternal Quotes

There are no approved quotes yet for this movie.

Discussion Forum

Discuss Vacación Fraternal on our Movie forum!

News & Features