Valdez, il Mezzosangue (Chino) (Valdez the Halfbreed) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Valdez, il Mezzosangue (Chino) (Valdez the Halfbreed) Reviews

August 8, 2013
A gritty, realistic and slow moving character study that breaks the usual genre conventions of the Spaghetti Western. Its a shame that there is not a copy with respectable video and sound quality because it is well worth a watch.
March 7, 2013
A horse trainer (the late Charles Bronson) lives with a runaway just outside an Old West town where he has a rough reputation.

His rough exterior is challenged when a woman (Bronson's real life late wife, Jill Ireland) comes into his life.

From what I remember of Bronson's movies, there is always a good amount of violence. There is barely any in here. There is at least one fist fight, which lasts seconds, and not much gun play.

The pace of the movie is painfully slow and deliberate. Sometimes the action on the screen was so slow, my eyes began to wander away from the screen. I found myself getting bored frequently.

This was not one of the best acted movies I've seen lately. I did not feel chemistry between most of the cast. I did feel some between the boy and Bronson.

The story was choppy at best. In fact, it was so weak that it hurt the storyline. The supporting cast was there to slightly advance Bronson's background story, and that's mostly it.

The music was purely Country and Western, and not memorable at all in this movie. I couldn't even recognize any singer on the soundtrack.

Some of the scenery was pretty good. However, there were no spectacular shots. In fact, the scenery was kind of boring. The town, and the horse trainer's property was placed in a sandy area without any color. Wardrobes were just as boring.

This one you can pass on.
½ December 29, 2011
Bronson stands firm in a below average western with a lot of heart.
January 14, 2011
Charles Bronson is the only reason to watch it.
September 30, 2009
Weak Sturges co-production that mixes romance with coming-of-age themes. The former comes in late, and largely spoils the latter with a bizarre love scene involving Bronson sexing then-wife Ireland after watching horses do same.
September 25, 2009

This one you can pass on.
June 23, 2009
Not bad western. Sad to think that Charles Bronson died of Alzheimer's...not even knowing who he was.
½ April 5, 2009
you can't beat a Bronson
December 2, 2008
I randomly watched this at my grandparents house. Not entirely terrible.
August 5, 2008
A bit ordinary... Not enough happens after the build up!!!