Reviews

• Jul 11, 2020

There's plenty to love in this theatrical, campy, raunchy vampire musical. Despite being low budget this film has a great cast full of unexpected yet familiar faces. You never know exactly where it's headed but it's a fun ride with tons of great original music.

• Jul 01, 2020

If you love cheesy B horror comedy in the vein of Rocky Horror Picture Show, you'll get a kick out of this! I'm going to add it to my Halloween collection of films to see yearly!

• Jun 09, 2020

A wild, sexy fever dream of a movie musical, Vampire Burt's Serenade is a bloody, good romp filled with plenty of fetish and camp. Kevin Scott Richardson leads a terrific cast fully committed to a dark, twisted, and very funny alternate reality bathed in sex, drugs, and violence reminiscent of the best of cult B-Horror flicks. While the homages to Lynch and Raimi abound, it's the Rocky Horror meets Bob Fosse musical numbers that elicit the most laugh-out-loud moments, providing genuinely clever songs by composer Paul Goldowitz. Low-fi effects, gore, and a killer ending make this short, horror-comedy-indie perfect viewing for these existential times.

• Jun 08, 2020

Cult classic ! Hilarious, campy, and fun to watch.

Cult classic ! Hilarious, campy, and fun to watch.

• May 22, 2020

Kevin Richardson fully embraces the role and shines as Burt the vampire in this dark and stylish musical reminiscent of Rocky Horror Picture Show and What We Do In The Shadows. His Backstreet fans may be taken aback by the edginess and blood, but his acting chops are a pleasant surprise and he looks comfortable taking centre stage. The music works seamlessly in the story, and the characters and scenarios are deliciously fun and humorous, as long as you're into dark comedy. Definitely worth sinking your teeth into!

• May 20, 2020

I thought just a little of What We Do in the Shadows as I watched this movie. Vampires, humor. But Vampire Burt's Serenade is way more out there, in a really fun way! It's bloodier, campy, and just more crazy. And there's vampire songs, kitsch, and just a really wild story! Clearly the filmmaker and cast were having a great time making this. And the film has a cool 70s-80s vibe too that I dug. I'm not always into horror, but this was a deliciously over the top romp. Well worth your time!

• May 20, 2020

This film was a really fun and exciting watch. I really didn't know what I was getting into and musicals aren't normally my thing besides some of the classics. But the interesting concept and clever songs kept me watching through the entire film. If you are a fan of the weird and wonderful I would check this film out.

• May 20, 2020

This vampire musical is kind of an indie mash up of Rocky Horror and What We Do In The Shadows. Its campy and fun (also bloody), great for a movie night in with friends.

• May 20, 2020

This movie meets and exceeds what it sets out to be. A fun, campy light hearted look at Vampires. Did I say it also had music?! Sounds crazy and I was not sure what to expect but found it an amazingly fun watch. The story line is ephemeral to the kitschy scenes laced with humor. It is not a deep romantic drama but an artsy romp that worth the 80 minutes. Recommend.