Vampire Effect (Chin gei bin) (The Twins Effect) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Vampire Effect (Chin gei bin) (The Twins Effect) Reviews

December 17, 2015
Review:
I'm not usually one for vampire movies, but this one was actually not that bad. Its about a top vampire killer, Reeves (Ekin Cheng), who fights against a powerful enemy, The Duke (Mickey Hardt), who is on the hunt for the Royal Prince, Kazaf (Edison Chen), for his blood, so he can become the ultimate vampire with a new kind of power that can take over earth. After losing his partner to the Duke, he takes on a new apprentice, Gypsy (Gillian Chung) who ends up falling for the impressive vampire slayer. Reeves sister, Helen (Charlene Choi), also falls for Kazaf who never drinks blood from humans and only drinks blood from a bottle but when his bottles start to run out, Helen helps him to survive by supplying him with blood from different sources. When Reeves finds out about Helen's new boyfriend, he tries to stop there relationship going any further but Gypsy convinces him about there true love for each other. The Duke then captures Reeves and Kazaf tries to rescue him to prove his love Helen but the Duke uses his powers to get Kazaf's blood and he attempts to become the Overlord. After an epic battle to kill the Duke, Gypsy manages to equal the Dukes powers by swallowing what he has swallowed and they end up in a battle to the death. Graphically, this movie looked great and the fighting scenes were brilliant. The comedic content was also quite funny, especially from Charlene Choi but I wasn't that impressed with the whole vampire element of the film. They looked quite tacky with not that much attention to detail but the main vampire, The Duke, didn't look that bad. As for entertainment, there was enough elements to keep it interesting throughout and I didn't lose the plot, even though I had to read subtitles. In all, it's a watchable movie that has some decent action scenes along with a interesting storyline. Watchable!

Round-Up:
This movie was directed by Donnie Yen, 52, has only directed 6 movies in career but he has supplied the stunts for over 40 movies, which include Highlander: Endgame, the Blade franchise, Alex Rider: Stormbreaker and the IP Man franchise. The speed of the action in this movie is extremely fast so the choreography was spot on, especially the sword action. I did prefer Blade of Kings, which is supposed to be Twins Effect II but there storylines were completely different. Jackie Chan does supply some of his action skills during an ambulance car chase but he doesn't have that much to do with the main concept. Personally, I wasn't really into the vampire side of the movie but with that aside, it's still worth a watch.

I recommend this movie to people who are into their action/martial arts/adventure/comedies starring Jackie Chan, Ekin Cheng, Charlene Choi, Gillian Chung and Edison Chen. 6/10
February 10, 2014
This (in my opinion ) movie is one of the most awesome vampire movies ever. It has everything a person could want, humor, action and adventure ( two beautiful young ladies) Vampires but most of all Jackie Chan in a small roll. Who could ask for more?
January 17, 2014
hope i cant see this movies
½ January 15, 2014
My Rating: 2.5/5 stars; Grade: C+; Gesture: Thumbs Sideways; Status: Mediocre or So-So (Rotten); Emoticon: :-|.
½ January 5, 2014
This is a pretty dumb movie. It doesn't know if it wants to be a screwball comedy or a vampire action flick, it fails with the former and sort of succeeds with the latter. The action scenes for the most part are ok, the best scenes are the ones featuring Jackie Chan, in an extended guest appearance. The film was enjoyable overall though its not hard to see why they never made a sequel.
August 25, 2013
Ekin Cheng and Jackie are the only sunshine,the rest are....you might know Handsome and Pretty face but irritating,Yuck.I do like the opening,that's the only best thing then nothing good can be seen after that.
December 27, 2012
like vampire movies!
½ September 12, 2012
So over the top, nonsensical, and ridiculous that it goes from really bad to almost good. Jackie Chan must have needed to pay the rent when he took this job.
August 27, 2012
The story does not make sense, but it is kinda of funny. As far as vampire movies go, I would say this has better rating than twilight.
August 24, 2012
Really enjoyed this comical vampire tail, that was also filled with action packed fighting scenes.
½ June 20, 2012
the twins effect was great i loved this movie
½ April 5, 2012
Cute Choi, directed by Lam and Yen, Vampires.. why not?
March 10, 2012
Kung fu and vampires. What could go wrong?
½ December 1, 2011
Thursday, December 1, 2011

(2003) Vampire Effect
(In Chinese with English subtitles)
ACTION/ HORROR

All this is, is a Chinese variation of the origin of some 'vampire hunters' which is ridiculously done here English wise like the Underworld movies and Van Helsing, except this one has alot of cheesy special effects, plenty of wire effects and one really good fight scene! The movie stars two annoying small girls who somehow have abilities to defeat vampires working alongside a good guy vampire! I like to see small skinny girls kicking some serious ass like Moon Lee and Yukari Oshima films, but not when it involves plenty of poor CGI and plenty of wires! Jackie Chan also has a small appearance as comedy relief which is unfunny and pointless to absolute nothing who also help produce the film!

1 out of 4
½ November 21, 2011
It was different than any vampire movie cause it had a lot of martal arts in it when fighting. I was surprized to see Jacie Chan in this movie since he wasn't a main character.
November 11, 2011
it was so bad, but what can i say?
i fell in love with it. hahaa.
MUST SEE THE SEQUAL, YEAHHH??
½ October 10, 2011
Jackie Chan had the perfect cameo in this film
March 13, 2011
February 7, 2011
Kiinalaisia vampyyreja :) - vaikka suurin osa pahiksista näytti kovin länsimaalaisilta.