Van Wilder: Freshman Year - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Van Wilder: Freshman Year Reviews

December 6, 2015
If your idea of humor is one mllion jokes about drinking, drugs and sex, then this is the film for you.
½ July 13, 2015
It was decent. Tells the origins of an underachieving kid born to a rich father. Worth a watch if you want a comedy and to see how it all began.
January 1, 2015
The first Van Wilder was actually a rather good comedy and the funny Ryan Reynolds played Van in that flick along with a few other famous actors. The 2nd was not as good and fell on the "decent" level category. In this 3rd movie Van is back but played by an unknown actor to me altho he did actually a pretty nice role but can't compete with Ryan as Van Wilder. The story is a goofy and hilarious like always in American Pie spirit all the way. Parties and hot naked girls with a few jokes here and there to sum it up. Its not to bad and if you can't enough of this genre i can warmly recommend it i guess.
March 5, 2014
typical college movie
February 7, 2014
This was a funny and fun movie that didn't conpletely destroy the first ones reputation. It wasn't great but it was a guilty pleasure of mine. I had a good time watching this movie because it was entertaining. If you try not to think too hard, you'll enjoy the nude ladies, funny jokes & mediocre acting as much as I did.
July 4, 2013
Love this movie, worthy of the Van Wilder name
½ December 25, 2012
This movie is so bad and is so not the prequel it should be it should be erased from the books. DO NOT WATCH, its a complete waste of time.
December 3, 2012
I'm judging myself for ever watching this movie. It was absolutely disgusting and barely funny.
½ November 30, 2012
Very similar to the first film, not quite as funny or original as that one though. Still if you liked the original a lot, you'll get some laughs out of this.
October 11, 2012
Well,not so funny... Too many tits out and the whole story doesn't make much sense.
September 30, 2012
Really enjoyed the best Van Wilder out of the 3!!!!!!
September 11, 2012
Terrible, just terrible. Jonathan Bennett is not Ryan Reynolds...everything was just terrible.
½ February 24, 2012
Apart the heroine is hot, the movie is just below average. No where near to American pie series.
½ January 8, 2012
High School Funny Shit :)
½ December 11, 2011
If viewed by itself, this is an entertaining movie following in the footsteps of many college/teen comedies of the past decade. There are some pretty funny parts, lots of attractive girls, and some pretty great quotes. Unfortunately, this movie is in a series and suffers from being not as good as the original. The acting was ok but and Bennett does a decent job but isn't near as good as Ryan Reynolds was in the role.
½ December 4, 2011
its really over the top stupid
½ September 13, 2011
Totally laugh-free. Insane continuity issues. Jonathan Bennett has the comic timing of an umbrella. Even a fan of the first two won't be able to enjoy this one.
½ July 17, 2011
½ July 15, 2011
not bad i thought it was pretty good.
July 4, 2011
Good casting. Either that or I was really tired when I watched it cuz the kid actually looks like Ryan Reynolds.