Vanilla Sky - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Vanilla Sky Reviews

February 13, 2016
Such an amazing and often misunderstood movie! Richard Roeper's 2002 movie of the year and one of the best movies ever made. Roam free David...
February 2, 2016
Vanilla Sky is a psychological thriller. Complex and difficult to understand to some, it may require a subsequent viewing or reviewing to understand the plot. The reality (and non-reality) may be defined by the sky in the backdrop. Is it the normal sky of reality or is it the Vanilla Sky of the protagonist's mother's painting of the same name, which occurs within his mind?

The film speeds up in the 2nd half to its bizarre, twisted ending.
January 25, 2016
I thought this movie was pure genius. A blend of genres yes, and it does it magically.
January 25, 2016
Not sure if I'm crazy for loving this movie or if I'm crazy for being so surprised for the negative reviews. This movie single handedly made me fall in love with Penelope Cruz and think Cameron Diaz is a crazy diabolical murder-suicide stalker. Some corny writing at times, but in a whole I thought it was great. A two-hour whirlwind of emotions, love, hate, jealousy, anger, sad, renewal. Also, you can't say the movie doesn't make sense if you don't watch until the elevator scene. I don't know maybe it does suck but if nothing else you get a great soundtrack.
January 3, 2016
December 2011 in Palm Springs with Jessica.
December 27, 2015
This movie did not get the credit it deserved. Too many critics simply cannot keep up with artistic innovation. You know a movie (and a book) worth if its something that you talk and think about for days later. This is one of those movies for better or worse.
½ December 17, 2015
I enjoyed this movie more than many people did.
½ December 11, 2015
Average movie from Tom Cruise.
November 11, 2015
one of the best mind benders ever. so many layers to it and it honestly does have alot of slow moments to it yet the ending its incredible. with great acting from the whole cast a must see for everyone!
November 11, 2015
A mind bending psycho thriller well worth seeing. It felt difficult to follow at times, leaving me in a sort of confusing but it comes together in the end, with high quality actors and yes they delivered the good in this film. I don't understand why are people saying this was boring. So for this being one of the best movies that I have seen and Tom Cruise being just a badass of an actor in it, I give " Vanilla Sky " a perfect B.
October 15, 2015
Very enjoyable movie, but from Crowe, Cruise, Diaz and Cruz I just expected more.
September 9, 2015
A personal favorite of mine.
August 12, 2015
it's simply not perfect but it's an entertaining flick that tells a great story.
August 9, 2015
I love this movie! Original plot...Keeps you guessing! Def in my top 10!
August 9, 2015
hopeless, just hopeless, how could they fuck it up with better cast and bigger budget?
August 8, 2015
An unnecessary remake, though the chemistry is good between Cruz and Cruise. Carmen Diaz and Kurt Russell do interesting things with their roles. Cruise is not allowed to become truly disfigured, and is at his best when he's running down the hallways or jumping off a tall building. Give me Eduardo Noriega any day.
August 5, 2015
You must watch this twice, or more, to fully appreciate how great it is.
August 5, 2015
thought might be good, told was bad, watched, was good.
August 4, 2015
movie for psyc majors
August 2, 2015
Interesting but daft concept. Hard to feel much warmth for any character except Cruz but quite a well made, fairly coherent and entertaining film with a very decent cast.