Vanquish Reviews

• 4d ago

Everything that can be bad is bad. Cliche music, horrible script, little to no character development, confusing, thin plot... I get that there were slim pickings during a pandemic, but Morgan Freeman and Ruby Rose should've waited it out. It was painful to watch.

• 6d ago

The actors/acting was terrible they replayed the slow ass dialog as a flashback to extend the movie time. Honestly this is the last time I let my spouse pick the movie.

• Apr 27, 2021

The plot was not believable, there was no chemistry between the main actors, Ruby Rose looked terrible, and the acting by all players, including Morgan Freeman was not good. This movie boiled down to a bunch of loud motorcycle chases and some awkward ramparte between Freeman and Rose. Why would anyone male or female butcher their hair like Ruby Rose before making a movie? Someone in a pervious review said she was an "eyesore" and that about sums it up.

• Apr 25, 2021

George Gallo's action-thriller Vanquish is full of shallow characterizations, commonplace tropes and a dull aesthetic built on dark lighting and a needless use of expressive color palettes. At its heart, it's the kind of direct-to-video thriller that wouldn't even make to the bargain bin of any respectable establishment.

• Dave
    Apr 25, 2021

It felt and looked like I was watching a meh B movie. I don't recommend paying to see.

• Apr 25, 2021

Morgan Freeman is a great actor and he performs well here, however, the story is just not that engaging. If you see the previews, you've seen the movie. It felt like a very long 90 minutes.

• Apr 25, 2021

Always love Morgan Freeman and was just getting into Ruby Rose's action career but this movie was a huge disappointment. The acting was terrible and artsy movie shots did nothing for the film. B movie at best. I wouldn't waste my time if I were you.

• Apr 24, 2021

First, this stinker had 6:16 of titles that were gawd awful. Even before Ruby Rose shows up, the writing, pacing, and photography show it to be not even a C grade movie. This is worse than the worst Steven Segal movies. Then Ruby Rose shows up and it goes downhill from there. She is barely above reading her lines, and you can almost see in her eyes that she is going through a list: -Say line, whisper last word. -Smile...now. -Squint here. -Try to remember what accent I'm supposed to be using. Is Freeman trying to get out of contract by doing this movie?

• Apr 23, 2021

Could've been a substitute commercial for the bike. Payed a 2 month equivalent of netflix subscription towards a movie that forces one to look forward to the conclusion made obvious in the opening scene. Absolute waste of the Freeman potential and most probably the only reason people would pick this title above the new Tom an Jerry movie(pensioners included). All in all, great cast but an even greater con.

• Apr 22, 2021

A seasoned writer and director made this garbage? This is the worst directed and written film I've seen in a very long time. I've seen better 5th grade drama class productions. I'm also pretty sure I've developed Epilepsy from watching the worst cinematography, overuse of horrible high contrast bright flashy colors and filters, and out-of-focus slow-mo and stretched shots. Literally, anyone with hardly any film experience can do better, and I've seen amateur filmmakers come up with blockbuster results, compared to the mess experienced writer and director George Gallo gave us. And it's such a huge disappointment considering he's written greats such as The Bad Boys franchise. The story was lame, convoluted, predictable and riddled with plot and technical issues. Even the dialogue was so ridiculous, repetitive and childish. Seriously, who watched the final cut and said "that's great, let's go to market"? *In a Morgan Freeman voice* "Even I couldn't save this film". I feel bad for Freeman, and hope he got paid well for doing this. Ruby Rose was, well, as Ruby Rose usually is, with that Kristen Stewart fixed facial expression. I'm giving this a very generous 3/10, mainly out of pity that Freeman has to keep this mess on his resume.