Vantage Point - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Vantage Point Reviews

½ December 3, 2016
The technique of the storytelling is not for everyone but it's a refresher from all of the formulaic plots of other action films.
November 22, 2016
The premise is interesting, even if not at all original, and there are great action scenes full of energy here to hold our attention, but the film relies on numerous coincidences and the actors are mostly wasted playing poorly developed characters.
½ November 20, 2016
(First and only viewing - In my early twenties)
½ November 14, 2016
The approach is interesting.
½ October 29, 2016
Vraiment bien. La meme histoire racontee de differents points de vue. Palpitant.
October 2, 2016
The critics were too hard on this film. Very exciting and is better watching it the second time around. Worthwhile.
September 30, 2016
This was a pretty good action/suspense movie. It really kept me guessing until the end. The concept was also pretty awesome and well executed.
½ September 29, 2016
WOW ! Most Unique Film I've Ever Saw so far...
½ July 9, 2016
I thought is was pretty good. Watched on cable, definitely no blockbuster but good entertainment.
½ June 29, 2016
Cool premise ruined by a shitty storyline. It was over before it even began.
½ June 7, 2016
Pretty fast paced political thriller and I liked the multiple viewpoint idea, although, of course, done before
½ March 28, 2016
The premise was unique and interesting but it didn't work out in the end.
December 31, 2015
Frankly, I don't care what many are saying about Vantage Point. Yes, it has some sloppy performances and the story is a little disjointed. But, I can't deny the fact that I had a great time and was on the edge of my seat throughout. This type of film would be difficult to direct and produce, given its unique style, so I greatly respect the filmmakers. Quaid, Hurt and Fox are the standouts as far as acting goes. The movie tends to be silly and unrealistic at times, but it sure did entertain me.
December 27, 2015
It's actually an interesting premise with a pretty cool beginning. It gets rolling and you think it still has promise. It flames out due to overacting from Quaid and the rest of the cast.
December 13, 2015
This looks so good, I can't believe I have to wait until February to see it
November 27, 2015
The trailer has me really excited for this one. Has a really cool look to it.
½ November 20, 2015
It was awesome i loved the suspense leading up to that moment at the end
November 14, 2015
Decently acted, paced and shot thriller with a unique enough premise, Vantage Point is a mildly entertaining but largely forgettable affair. The rewinding nature of the plot manages to grow repetitive and tiresome eventually instead of clever, and Forest Whitaker's performance comes off as too obvious and even corny as well as an expectedly dull William Hurt. Vantage Point could've been so much more with a better script and perhaps a lengthier running time, but as it stands, it's disposable entertainment.
½ November 13, 2015
Great idea but crappy execution with some very good actors doing some very bad work.