Very Young Girls - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Very Young Girls Reviews

July 5, 2014
[Interested: cannot find.]
January 24, 2013
Should be mandatory viewing for everyone.

Let me just quibble with the synopsis: saying "underage prostitution" makes it sound like underage prostitution is a subset of prostitution when, in fact, the average age of entry into prostitution in the United States is thirteen, so it is, in practice, impossible to separate out some kind of safe, consent-filled "adult prostitution". Every sex worker should be assumed to be a victim of human trafficking and sexual, physical, and emotional abuse until proven otherwise. This is a film about prostitution, period.
April 24, 2011
This is way better than Born Into Brothels, which seems like the most obvious point of comparison. And it's very, very good at putting a face on a problem, and even at offering something like a solution.
April 23, 2011
This was a harrowing documentary. It opens your eyes to what is happening right in America's backyard.
April 10, 2011
Tear jerker for me n e way...
January 27, 2011
I gave it 3 stars because it was disturbing to me throughout the whole documentary. I don't like being constantly disturbed throughout a whole movie.
January 19, 2011
This documentary only received two and half stars on Netflix. It should have received more for the attention it brings to the sex trafficking of teenage girls that happens here, in our own city. Also captures the amazingly selfless efforts of the founder of Gems, who uses every resource possible to help rehabilitate the young girls who decide to leave prostitution and their pimps who have brainwashed them for years. Very interesting doc. Sometimes hard to watch because it's very real. Very sad and true.
January 9, 2011
I don't know if I'd call this documentary shocking, since it doesn't really tell us anything we don't already know. But it does open your eyes to some of the reasons why girls might allow themselves to be led into this kind of situation, and it's quite eye-opening to hear the stories directly from them. This is worth watching, although it's a bit difficult to watch.
November 25, 2010
Excellent documentary and it made me want to go right out and punch a pimp. I don't think prostitution should be illegal for consenting adults, but these young teenagers being forced into it ... well, may the men that prey on them and pay for them die painful deaths that start with rotting genitals and spread rapidly through their bodies.
November 10, 2010
OMG, this documentary is tragic. Girls so young with issues such as this is heartbreaking. These girls go into a lot of horrific details concerning their situations and why they do what they do to survive in the streets. If you have children, you should definitely see this. Its very disturbing.
November 7, 2010
Interesting subject matter and this movie really makes you feel for these young, exploited girls. It's somewhat boring and poorly edited but is redeemed by an uplifting ending.
½ October 18, 2010
this doc doesn't really dig deep enough but it's totally disturbing.
August 13, 2010
A very inportant documentary for all parents and their teen daughters. Watch and discuss!
July 18, 2010
This doc. is moving and says so much about our society today. It is a subject most would not want to learn about. It is tough to wrestle with; I would not want to be the director to tackle it. But you come away learning something and might even shed a tear or two.
June 6, 2010
Absolutely devastating documentary.
April 24, 2010
Steve Harvey recently said on his morning show that he didn't understand why men raped young girls when they could pay for sex. i'd love for him to watch this film.
½ March 14, 2010
interesting but too slow
March 11, 2010
Though it feels a bit drawn-out at times, an important, in-depth look at how manipulative it can be to enter prostitution in NYC.
February 15, 2010
Though it feels a bit drawn out sometimes, an important, in-depth look at manipulative prostitution roots in NYC.