V.I. Warshawski - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

V.I. Warshawski Reviews

½ June 19, 2016
Private investigator must find the killer of a hockey player whose daughter she was asked to look over. Together, Warshawski and the young girl partner up to investigate. Silly plot with unbelievable characters make this action comedy a forgettable mess.
April 10, 2015
SUMMARY: A PI get a babysitting job for one of her former boyfriend's.When he ends up dead she gets hired by the daughter to find out who is behind his murder. REVIEW: Even though the plot is weak and the acting could have used some improvement, Kathleen Turner did bring sexiness and good humor to this movie. I Guess it's a decent detective movie but not much here to get excited about.
March 9, 2015
Babysitting gig turns into full-fledged murder investigation for Chicago PI Kathleen Turner. Chicago setting helps but never meets the mark. Although based on a series of books, avoided producing any sequels.
January 28, 2015
I guess I'm one of the few who really liked this movie. There were some great lines in it and I liked the characters. Kathleen Turner did a great job as usual.
July 29, 2014
(First and only viewing - 1/10/2011)
½ January 22, 2013
Some of the best character actors in the biz in a pretty dull (although at times thrilling) murder mystery. However, major props for having a heroine that gives as good licks as she takes. Rare to see woman in such roles these days. They're always the victims, but Turner gives a badass performance. This was surprise treat; thank you, Hulu!
January 8, 2013
A contrived experience. Turner has given better performances in other films and the use of a preteen girl as a plot device is a move of desperation from the filmmakers. A bland enterprise.
December 7, 2012
Could be worthwhile, will see.
½ October 27, 2012
Female private eye goes by V.I. instead of Vicky to get more respect. She tries to pick up a man at a bar but ends up babysitting for him instead. When the man is murdered before pick up, V.I. is on the case. Ok ending if you make it that far.
May 7, 2012
I must be the only one who just loves this.movie. just a fun film to watch with a bag of recces pieces
April 29, 2012
I laugh my ass off watching this movie, and it's not supposed to be a comedy.
½ January 3, 2012
There's nothing good about this movie. Not even in a quirky 80s way.
July 18, 2011
Love kathleen turner she is one tough,sassy private eye investigator she did a pretty okay movie.
½ January 13, 2011
Watching "V.I. Warshawski" made me sad, and for a lot of different reasons. Obviously I was sad about the time and money I wasted on this forgettable, bland and lackluster action/comedy. But mostly I felt bad for Kathleen Turner who seems to be desperate to return some luster to her falling star. She made a name for herself playing sexy characters in films like "Body Heat", using her raspy, sexy voice as her trademark. Here she almost seems to be playing a parody of her former self, and it's pretty sad to see. This is a terribly underwritten film, and it's filled with a second-rate cast of nobodies. Turner has no support whatsoever, with newcomer Angela Goethals the only persons besides Turner showing any life here. She's never acted before, and she's a teenager but she's nearly the best thing in this dismal picture.
It feels more like a product than a creative piece of entertainment. Charles Durning goes through the motions playing a character he's probably already played in his distinguished career, and the plot is a throwaway one. It's an empty film, and the supporting characters are just as bland as the actors that play them. Jeff Kanew is a hack director, and although this is far from his first movie, you'd never know that by looking at this tepid, sluggish finished product.
There's not a single laugh, and even considering this to be an action film is ludicrous. "V.I. Warshawski" tries to milk that title for all its worth, but you'll find it a lot less amusing than the makers of the film apparently did. It's a wash.
January 3, 2011
Pointless movie which can pretty much sum up most movies made during the 80's and early 90's.
½ August 6, 2010
This really should have been a made for TV film. It is not great, but Kathleen Turner is very witty and fun to watch
½ July 31, 2010
It wasn't the best movie, but I always had a soft spot for Kathleen Turner.
½ February 8, 2010
I really enjoyed this film. It's no worse than anything else in this genre. We just don't like women head-lining films it seems. Especially when they're threatening the male role, eh? I watched it a few times trying to figure the poor reception, and there aren't reasons to criticise it as severely as it has been. Grab the DVD on a slow evening.
½ September 28, 2009
September 10, 2009
** (out of four)

Sara Paretsky's popular series of books comes to the big screen with the appropraitely cast Kathleen Turner. I have a feeling that the studio had likely planned for this to be the first in several films, but things didn't work out so well.

The lines seem forced and plot strictly average as Turner plays the touch private investigator who takes on the big bad boys.