Vibes - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Vibes Reviews

August 13, 2017
If you like Romancing the Stone, the Indiana Jones series, or anything else in the bizarre but amazing 1980s magical-adventure-romance film genre, you will love this. It's the hidden gem of that genre. Cyndi Lauper + Jeff Goldblum is a magical combination all on its own, but making them psychic, sending them off an an accidental archaeology adventure to a country rarely featured in films, and make Peter Falk (aka the Detective Columbo their guide? That's like the ULTIMATE in random confluences. And it works. It probably didn't when it first came out, but now looking back and loving all those who participated in the making of all this--it's fantabulous, with some leopard print and glitter on top.

It's so deliciously campy. I love it. It's one of my favorite rewatch movies. Give it a shot.
July 12, 2017
Don't listen to the critics. This movie is hilarious and fun. Cyndi kicks ass in this movie! :D
March 11, 2017
Adventure. Nice scenery. Liked the story line. Liked the actors.
½ February 12, 2017
2/12/2017: A cheesy fun little 80's flick.
December 3, 2016
Paranormal experts are tricked into a trip to Ecuador to find a missing treasure. Subpar but not terrible. Lauper always seemed to be compared to Madonna given breaking through at a similar time. I give the nod to Madonna in film but Lauper music hits were far superior.
November 14, 2016
Truly off the off beat movie - not a good movie - but somehow I love this movie. I see it once a year and I have the original poster for it hanging in my TV room. Love Goldblum (who was clearly not used well, given good dialogue or direction in this), Lauper (who does a great job of acting for someone (at that time) relatively new to the game) and Falk who is well Peter Falk! Everyone loves him, great actor. But what a weird threesome they make. 0 chemistry anywhere.

Still one of my favs just to watch Goldblum and Lauper play off each other I love the love story.
July 17, 2016
Kitschy adventure comedy akin to Romancing the Stone. Peter Falk and Jeff Goldblum are bigger than this film and dominate scenes, and Cindy Lauper's attempt at a Desperately Seeking Susan's Madonna works.
January 12, 2016
Just good harmless fun.
August 1, 2013
I love this film. It's a great fun flick! Yes it's campy, but that is part of it's appeal!
July 4, 2013
great great movie .... can you get it on flixster already !!!!
May 9, 2013
I never knew Cyndi was in other films. This one in particular reminded of Madonna in Who's That Girl the telepathic version. I thought this movie was fun, but not really my cup of tea.
April 6, 2013
My favorite Goldblum movie.
½ February 24, 2013
I remember liking this movie when I was a kid, but I can't say whether that was because...
A. Cyndi Lauper was my idol
B. Jeff Goldblum!
C. I had bad taste as a child.
D. All of the above.
February 15, 2013
This was a cool movie, I really enjoyed it. The characters are quirky and fun, the story is exciting and romantic, it's just fun.
February 2, 2013
I hadn't thought it possible, but back in the day I was rather taken (aka obsessed) with Jeff Goldblum, and my bff and I went out of our way to try and watch as many of his movies that we could get our teenage hands on. I had to wait until I was an adult to finally see The Big Chill...and now I have a new (as in never seen) movie with a hunky young Goldblum. Nice! :)
January 31, 2013
Almost forget this existed! One would think a Goldblum and Cyndi Lauper team up would bring gold but it sucks.
July 29, 2012
Oh dear Lord, we don't see enough of Cyndi Lauper's acting skills, even though she can only do one kind of role, and that is of a "broad" from Queens, Noo Yawk. Perfect no-brainer film.
July 23, 2012
OMG. I forgot about this movie. I haven't seen it since I was a child. Very good film. It's imbedded in my brain.
July 20, 2012
A fun movie with a LOT of fun lines, and a great cast. Also the start of Cyndi Lauper's acting career, which has shown surprising range.
February 1, 2012
Just a fun movie all around. I never expected a pairing between Jeff Goldblum and Cyndi Lauper, but they're really funny together.