Vibes - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Vibes Reviews

November 12, 2010
I always loved watching this movie ?
October 30, 2010
Bad movie, Cyndi Lauper is one of the worst actresses that ever existed. This is a comedy without any comedy whatsoever.
½ October 16, 2010
fluff like cottoncandy, of interest only to fans of the actors. falk steals every scene he's in, goldblum breathes through his nose a lot as if he's about to say something important and lauper (the main reason for this) has a little fun. mandel and ganz, the writers, have moments of good comic misdirection, too.
October 8, 2010
Is really only a two or two and a half stars, but it has Cindy Lauper and a Cindy Lauper credits track, which bumped it up.

There are a ridiculous number of decent actors in this film. Peter Falk, for Falk's sake (or for Peter's sake, if you prefer the clean version.)
September 26, 2010
Cyndi is marvellous in this movie and such a better actress than Madonna comparing 80s movies.
Love line: complicated
September 13, 2010
I absolutely love Cyndi Lauper in this role. The character had to be created with her in mind. Jeff Goldblum plays the same character he always does, but it's a fantastic complement to Cyndi Lauper's character. I love the hokey plot and out-there characters of this movie. It's totally worth watching.
September 3, 2010
Well that's a fine-how-de-do from the critics and the Motion Picture Rating Assoc. 1 or 1 1/2 *'s. I liked this movie not only because of all the great actors but because it was entertaining and hilarious! Good action, a great psychic theme driven adventure! The comedic Spiritual exploration culminates in a believable gift of tongues climax. How many good, mainstream movies have scenes of Tongues in them? I recommend this movie.
½ August 18, 2010
I hated Cyndi Lauper but this movie changed my opinion. Now I think she is great.
½ August 10, 2010
Cyndi Lauper and Jeff Goldblum are hired to find a energy source that will give anyone the ultimate psychic power. Though the movie is kind of hard to define as either a comedy or action film, there are a few scenes that will keep you interested. Mostly die hard fans of Cyndi Lauper will enjoy this more than others!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
July 22, 2010
I've always liked this movie. It's very much of it's time. Goldblum and Lauper are great together, it's a very strange and awkward pairing. The jokes aren't gut busters, they're solid little verbal digs. The addition of Peter Falk makes the movie even more bizarre and hilarious. The plot is interesting as well, it's a very solid goofy 80's comedy, extremely underrated.
May 11, 2010
Almost forget this existed! One would think a Goldblum and Cyndi Lauper team up would bring gold
½ May 7, 2010
The last time I saw this, I think I might've been, like, 7 or 8, but from what I can remember, it was pretty funny :P
½ April 22, 2010
If this is the Cyndi Lauper movie that opened the double-feature before Big...then it was so bad that it drove 4 year old me out of the theater.
½ April 22, 2010
I remember liking this movie when I was a kid, but I can't say whether that was because...
A. Cyndi Lauper was my idol
B. Jeff Goldblum!
C. I had bad taste as a child.
D. All of the above.
March 14, 2010
A fun little diversion. Psychics conned into a treasure hunt in Ecuador for a legendary Incan 'room of gold'. Competition appears. What they find isn't what they thought it would be. Goldblum is pretty much the same character he always plays, but that's okay. Lauper is quite believable as a flake - who'd have guessed, huh? Falk is way-over-the-top funny as a con man.
October 21, 2009
FINALLY got a DVD release !!
September 29, 2009
One of the Best Movies
September 8, 2009
I am a huge Cyndi Lauper fan. She's an amazing singer and actress, and has won just about every award to prove it! This movie was not a big hit, but is should have been! It's hysterically funny! Cyndi has awesome comic timing, and gives an outstanding performance! This movie is just pure fun!
September 3, 2009
Add a review (optional)...
September 2, 2009
A psychic Cyndi Lauper movie shouldn't be this lame.