Reviews

• Jul 22, 2013

This movie a phenomenal road trip film. The characters are so void of emotion yet I found them to be so full of life. Love!

• Sep 20, 2012

Excellent movie about a woman numbed by the urban Tokyo lifestyle until she meets a truck driver at the convenience store. The sex scenes look genuine and intense. The two leads have given all they have to bring the characters to life. Too bad this happens only in movies. I have scoured most of Japan and am yet to come across a woman like Rei.

• Apr 10, 2012

an amazingly beautiful love story from japan

an amazingly beautiful love story from japan

• Apr 09, 2012

well paced. well translated. I enjoyed getting to know both these actors.

well paced. well translated. I enjoyed getting to know both these actors.

• Apr 05, 2012

Love this movie. Was expecting it to be another one of those hollow Japanese movies, but no, this was good.

• Mar 05, 2012

A subversive erotic road movie, that carries weighty social commentary about Japan, along with existential dread. A fine example of low budget film-making being profound, yet not preachy.

• Aug 25, 2010

This movie really drew me in. It is not action packed or drama filled. It is simply two strangers who meet and share a small block of time together. The acting was by far better than the flow flow of the story. It seemed at times that the scenes didnt always mesh completely. The acting was great. The two actors convinced me to care about them and to root for them to be together. Good film. Watch it with someone who likes to analyze a movie line by line. There is a lot to work with here.

• Aug 23, 2010

A subtle character study of a lonely woman.

A subtle character study of a lonely woman.

• Apr 24, 2010

A slow, subtle road trip flick from a womans point of view. Simple story line with interesting truck shots & locations. Luv NOmori always.

• Oct 30, 2009

One of the best of modern arthouse cinema - this Japanese road film deals with mid-life crisis! Too little dialogue, subtle storyline and !