Vicky Cristina Barcelona - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Vicky Cristina Barcelona Reviews

February 4, 2016
It's pretty rare that Woody Allen would ever get less than 5 stars from me, so this was no exception. And I've always just adored Penelope Cruz, which is unusual for me, most leading actresses piss me off to no end, but I think she's lovely and a fabulous actress. I love Woody's sense of art in all things he touches, and I love that he can explore any number of things from all angles and always come back to people being people and not always have to have some grand sweeping message or condemnation. The only thing this movie left me wondering is whether there are really women with friendships like that where you can find out you've both been physically and romantically involved with the same man and it's a big secret but when it's revealed they're all about supporting each other. I don't think I've ever had a friend like that.
January 23, 2016
Quite disappointing. I should have known as soon as I saw Woody Allen's name as the Director. It's the same rambling crap that ALWAYS appears in ANY movie in which Woody Allen has even a token role. The cast were really constrained by the dialogue and direction by the petrified Woody. Please don't waste your time by watching it.
½ December 20, 2015
Penelope Cruz gives an explosive performance.
½ November 10, 2015
Not Up The Standard O Expect Of Woody. It Becomes Farcical, But Not In Any Entertainingly Funny Way. The Focus Shifts & Turns Without Any Style & Most 'Comic' Situations Do Not Come-Off At All As Funny. The Only Thi.g Going For It Is The Nice Locations, which Appeared Far More Stylistic.
October 12, 2015
Amusing and entertaining but surprised at how highly this was rated.
½ October 1, 2015
A fantastic commentary on unconventional love. The chemistry between the cast is fantastic, and the lightness of the script and the score really brighten up some of the darker moods of the film.

The themes may not appeal to some, and the lightheartedness may be almost irritating at times. But to me, this is one of my top 3 movies
½ September 9, 2015
What was the point of this movie? Rhetorical quetion.
August 17, 2015
This film is beautiful in every sense of the word. The actors, script, location, direction are all perfect.
August 7, 2015
Classic movie with a lot of romance and wit and humour. Awesomely talented director woody Allen and supremely talented stars such as javier bardem ,Scarlett Johannson and Rebecca hall and Penelope cruz
June 28, 2015
Yawn. What a tedious movie. An exercise in over thinking. Javier Bardem and Penelope Cruz were wonderful and the screen lit up with them. Then Rachel Hall's or Scarlett Johansen's character would return and ruin it.
June 28, 2015
Final diagnosis: Overdose secondary to Woody Allen wit.
June 18, 2015
I'm usually not a fan of overly passionate love stories, but there's something very enchanting about "Vicky Cristina Barcelona." It's not Woody Allen's best film, but it's definitely one of his most elegant.
May 22, 2015
Lots of drama and craziness this movie was! I think it was set out to be a comedy but I didn't laugh at all and was not satisfied with the ending. What they needed was a better script. But the reason why I am giving this movie 3 stars is because the locations looked beatiful, the clothes and hair looked good, the acting from everyone was good, and finally a one mister Javier Bardem can only make this movie work even more! Ah carumba!
May 7, 2015
Some kind of a research on the topic of human relationships, desires and longings within sexual life.
½ April 27, 2015
A story of two friends who each have their own story to tell got a chance to explore Spain and meets unexpected self-discovery and truths in life while on adventure. This comedy and travel movie will surely delight you with its twist and turns. Barcelona was beautifully depicted in this movie that you would want to visit it after watching this movie. This is a highly recommended travel movie for travel-lover. While the story has genres of romance, it was injected with comedy and life lessons. If I summarize this movie, it's about going someplace to discover yourself and finding your own path in life. Javier Bardem was good in this movie but Penelope Cruz's portrayal of crazy Maria Elena was so remarkable that she garnered a 2008 Oscar Best Supporting Actress for this movie. Scarlett Johansson could have a notable character but her portrayal wasn't memorable, whereas Rebecca Hall as is more notable than her in this movie based on performance. It's my first time to watch a Woody Allen directed film and I say this film has a surprising plot and he gave it a good artistic touch.
April 23, 2015
After a slew of critically unsuccessful films, Woody Allen emerges with a delightfully interesting tale about 2 American tourists finding passionate love in a foreign city. The performances were great by the main cast, with a particular nod to Penelope Cruz ( who won the Oscar for her supporting role). The beauty of Barcelona and its surrounding areas make the film even more beautiful than its plot already suggests.
April 10, 2015
Who knew Woody Allen could make such a sexy movie?!
April 6, 2015
In Vicky Cristina Barcelona, Woody Allen combines his usual witty script with realistic characters and put them into a tragedy. The visuals are beautiful and the story is oddly fascinating, it's not one of my favorite Woody Allen films, but it's still a captivating comedy about people and love. Wonderful performances throughout.
March 11, 2015
Hysterical, Tragic, Affectionate and Witty- everything we would expect from a Woody Allen twist on a rom com, which features a stirring performance from Penelope Cruz.
½ February 27, 2015
Fun and breezy with a mega hot ScarJo and great scenery.