Vicky Cristina Barcelona - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Vicky Cristina Barcelona Reviews

½ January 15, 2015
How about 4.5, just because I kind of disagree Vicky's falling for Jose Antonio? I know that what makes the story, but just that I wouldn't fall in love for g**d**n Javier Bardem when I am engaged to Chris Messina. :) However, why I can't give less stars, because everything else about this movie is perfect. The show maker is Penelope Cruz. Nobody else could have done it better.
January 10, 2015
Penelope Cruz and Javier Bardem steal the show in this tragicomic tale about the many faces of love.
January 10, 2015
The casting is amazing.
Robbanflix
January 2, 2015
A Woody Allen movie and there is that special feeling like his other movies. Its a drama / romance movie with Javier Bardem ( No country for old men ) , Scarlett Johansson and Penelope Cruz in the roles. This is not quite my fav genre but time to time i watch them. Its a well made movie with a decent story mostly about love and relationship. A bit slow but interesting to follow.
½ December 16, 2014
love more recent Woody Allen pics
December 12, 2014
One of the good movies in Woody Allen's late period. I like the music, the narrative, the energy between the characters, the presence of Barcelona, the subtleness and irony of so many details.
½ December 11, 2014
Far and away the most heartfelt of Allen's European Three, Vicky Cristina Barcelona boasts a stellar cast, invigorating personal drama, and a gorgeous survey of Spain's architectural and natural beauty, as well as an existential interplay between convention and liberty.
December 7, 2014
witty and tasty piece.
November 8, 2014
An entertaining movie in a gorgeous setting with gorgeous actors. It really makes you question what love is or what love can be.
November 7, 2014
Crummy ending otherwise decent
October 25, 2014
People are complaining about this movie and I think it has something to do with their expectations. I've read reviews saying something about Woody and romance. If you're searching for that don't search here. This movie isn't romantic and Rom-com is hardly fitting for it. It's an intense drama done in a really lighthearted way (it is also a comedy although it's subtle and the laughs are few but well placed) and it works without denying the depth of the drama and that's why this movie is charming: A great script with some great lines, an outstanding cast with 4 very strong performances in the center (yes 4!) and some good capturing of Spain through the photography. It makes you think but while it's very serious in the core it's quite uplifting. The movie could have been negative so easily but it delivers through the right atmosphere.
October 20, 2014
Amazing performances from Javier Bardem and Penelope Cruz. This is one of the better Woody Allen movies I have seen but not his absolute best. Johansson, Hall, Clarkson, and, Messina all were good as well. I didn't think the voice over narration was very necessary but I did love the music as every Allen film has.
October 19, 2014
I love the Wood Man's films and this one was enjoyably leading up to his pinnacle in this style: Midnight in Paris...but the ending sucked! It's as if the studio ran out of money and Woody had to abruptly end a story in mid-narrative. I wanted more...
October 10, 2014
This extremely talky Woody Allen film just became increasingly annoying as it went on. Still, the scenes between Bardem and Cruz are scorching.
October 4, 2014
Only Woody Allen film I can stomach. ScarJo helps.
September 20, 2014
"Vicky Cristina Barcelona" is one of Woody Allen's best: sexy, witty, funny, romantic, at times poetic even. A terrific script is also bolstered by an A-grade cast. Javier Bardem and Penelope Cruz are particularly outstanding.
September 14, 2014
Meth. A couple interesting ideas, but the characters feel unrealistic. There's not enough substance, mostly dialogue and mundane happenings.
September 2, 2014
Funny, sweet and charming, 'Vicky Cristina Barcelona' is one of Woody Allen's best films of all time. 'Life is the ultimate work of art' is the citation-topic of the film, who tell us the story of two friends, Vicky and Cristina. The pair of friends travel to Barcelona. The two meet the charming artist Juan Antonio, who offers to take them on a vacation to Oviedo and make love to them. Vicky, being a happily engaged young woman, refuses, but Cristina is eager for this life experience. They accept the invitation, but this little trip will change the course of the holiday. Penelope Cruz is fantastically in her performance as the temperamental painter Marķa Elena. Javier Bardem, Rebecca Hall and Scarlett Johansson are simply divine. The film shows us the small pleasures and delights of life around the characters Vicky and Cristina, debating among themselves an existential conflict. With the beautiful passages of the film, is a great lesson that even though life is meaningless, we must learn to love and enjoy it. And sure, is one of the best Woody Allen, despite being a little too romanticized. One of Woody's most vivacious films!
½ August 31, 2014
Bad Almodovar's movie.
August 24, 2014
Rebecca Hall and Scarlet Johansson play the titular characters; a pair of American tourists who run into sensual misadventures during a summer sabbatical in Barcelona. Most of their whirlwind fancy surrounds a brooding artist (Javier Bardem) and his crazed ex-wife (Penelope Cruz). Vicky Cristina Barcelona doesn't really delve into the romantic psyche as deeply as its posturing implies, but it's still a fun and sexy film that possesses many endearing qualities. Among these qualities are a fine soundtrack, nimble direction, and a scene-stealing performance from Cruz. As a whole, I consider this film to be a minor-yet-stimulating gem of Woody Allen's later work.