The Victim - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Victim Reviews

October 12, 2012
not really interest in horror movie actually
September 21, 2012
Not bad. The special features were interesting.
January 6, 2012
At first I felt like this film was very foreign to me as the things that were going on just didn't make any sense. Add that it wasn't very scary due to the main character knowing and kinda being ok with ghosts being around.
Then the story takes a twist and things get a little scarier. Then another twist... and another twist and soon this film is so mixed up that I'm not even sure the filmmakers knew what was going on. In the end, it becomes a pretty straight forward ghost story but by this point, it's too late.
½ August 7, 2011
Don't be fooled by the plot description, because that's only one half of the movie. The second half is about a movie being produced ABOUT the first half of the film... Confused? You should be. All characters from the first half that we finally care about magically disappear and are replaced by new characters we don't care about at all. So really, it's two different horror movies back to back.
The second half of this movie is... Terrible... It adds nothing to the first half of the film, mostly due to the amount of gaping plot holes and continuity errors (or at least that's how it felt).
If you choose to watch this film, only continue the second plot with a mindset that you're watching a completely different movie. I imagine that's the only way you'll be able to enjoy the potential it had.
½ March 7, 2011
This one was kinda hard to follow. The story wasn't that great either. Just an odd movie.
December 24, 2010
The Victim started off real good & creepy but after the middle, It was just boring from there.I was really disappointed in this 1 because it started off so good that I had real high hopes for it then........
½ April 14, 2010
This movie was about a girl who reinacts crimes very well. My human wanted to watch this because it was "Thai" or some asian persuasion. I liked the cinematography. I don't know what that is, but I liked it. It was hella boring with good violent scenes put in between. I thought I knew what was going on though. The main girl sees ghosts a lot. It WAS creepy. I didn't like the scary parts but my human did. The actress girl kinda becomes another girl who was real pretty but dead. My human loved the creepy Thai dance scene with the ghost. I thought it was ok. There were a lot of cool bloody scenes. I think Asians have less murder because they are scared of ghosts. I know I am after watching this movie. I don't want to ruin the movie because it has a very big twist. Things aren't really like I thought they were. There was some girl on girl insinuations. This movie tricks you because it totally changes half way through. This movie had some of the best subtitles EVER! Heres some samples:

"I never been fainted before"
"She got an epilepsy."
"I don't think you had an epilepsy."

This whole movie was a mind screw. The cool pretty ghost OWNS this movie. I think the people who made this movie FOR REAL believe in ghosts. The moral of this movie is to be nice to ghosts and they wont hurt you but if you insult them, they WILL make blood come out of you real bad. I loved the cultural ending. I give this 3 and a half stars for entertaining me, I didn't feel stupid cuz I kinda knew what was going on. Pretty scary Asian flick! No checklist cuz it only had violence. I usually dont like these kind of movies with no boobies, but this one was ok.
½ March 16, 2010
First half of the movie was horridly boring and un-engaging. The last half, while ripe with creepy-ass imagery, suffered from many the same afflictions as the first block. Also, constantly abusing sci-fi sound effects, wolf howls and cat meows is NOT scary. Christ that shit was super annoying, it was there in spades anytime something even remotely odd was about to (or while, or even afterwords) happen on screen ruining any and all tension the movie was trying to build. What a waste.

Given it's a Thai film I figured I owed it a watch to see what the horror genre is like over there. Needs work. :/
January 28, 2010
not really interest in horror movie actually
January 9, 2010
A unique premise based on the bizarre Thai practice of reenacting crimes with the criminals at the scene of the crime. Or is it? Cute/gorgeous main character, great directing. Impressive effects and score. Two movies in one, magnificent.
alanjayh
November 23, 2009
First half hour or so gets 4 stars...the character Ting is played wonderfully and the film makes sense..there is a turning point however where the director got bored or had no clue where to take the story, so in effect the movie is turned upside down on its head and makes little sense as Ting the character disappears and voila! May appears with a new storyline...disappointing to say the least..2 stars after the first 30 minutes..overall a 3...movie showed lot of promise if it could have stayed on track.
November 12, 2009
I watched this Thai(at least i think it's Thai)movie and it started pretty good !But then when you discover that is a movie been filmed ,like a movie inside a movie thing, this flick went down the hills.I hated the conclusion!!
½ October 21, 2009
Rather disjointed and slow at times, but some genuinely scary, jump out of your seat moments. Interesting premise that's not really been done to death before.
September 25, 2009
Uniquely interesting at that with a touch of reality.

Director Monthon Arayangkoon (The House) tells a tale within a tale starring Pitchanart Sakakorn playing a multitude a characters
...hmm...wonder if she got paid extra for that - lot of work.

Synopsis: Ting (Sakakorn) is a hardworking actress whom involves herself in reenactment occupation for prior murders. With popularity on the rise for the young performer, she takes on a job that begins a ghostly disturbance coming from the other side.

It's very different from the typical Asian horror, but can be downright confusing you just about lose all thought on what is going on. The answers are all there, all you have to do is watch the film a second time that may or may not be a little more enjoyable.

The murder stories in this film are from real cases and filmed in its actual locations where they originally happened. However, with all this paranormal CG or no CG, and supposedly some real ghostly scenes caught on camera towards the end, it wasn't enough to be a part of the scariest films list. Too many ghostly scenes without much of them really getting under your skin, but affective enough to keep your scare level rising until it finally hits you.
½ September 8, 2009
Very good and original Thai horror flick. The cinematography is great and the complexity of the writing is great. This is different of the usual stuff. I recommend it warmly.
July 26, 2009
La Thailandia conferma una certa affinità con l'horror, portandoci questo "The Victim", sicuramente uno dei migliori rappresentanti del genere visti nell'ultimo periodo. Siamo nei territori classici del filone, ma la pellicola è realizzata con classe e freschezza, garantendo almeno un grande colpo di scena ed un paio di salti dalla sedia molto efficaci. Peccato per il finale confuso ed affrettato...
June 11, 2009
yes its fresh. It has several scary moments (photos at the ending seems real, thats quite a scare), especially its said that it based on true events. quite entertaining, has interesting plot&twists thats really captivating. Not a typical asian horror flick.
May 11, 2009
not that kinda scary I wanna see !
May 1, 2009
The first time I see the movie, i thought it is interesting and it'll be scary as Shutter but, in the middle of the movie, it really surprised me. The movie changed what i thought before in the movie. Actually this movie is sorta cool but, the ending is.......ckckckckck..........you'd better watch it by yourself. And actually, the ghost is not scary, but it haunted me, especially at night. Hiiiiiiii....................
citawijaya
April 27, 2009
Okay, it's kinda scary but the story will be much better if it's really about Ting and Meen.. It started well but then as we get to the middle, the story seems to flaw.