Victoria Day - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Victoria Day Reviews

April 26, 2012
A decent drama set in Toronto 1988!!!
August 1, 2011
One of the best canadian films i have seen. A very real life, normal depiction of teens in a movie.
½ July 13, 2010
This film was wonderfully delightful. The hockey references were so amusing. I feel it ended too abruptly.
September 28, 2009
I saw this at the Calgary Film Festival. A very nice little Canadian movie. It really captures life in Southern Ontario suburbs in the 1980's. Lots of pressure on Ben as he juggles parents, girls, hockey playoffs and his future. You can sure pack a lot into a long weekend when you're in High School, eh? Not very satisfied with ending but the parallel with the 1988 NHL playoffs is a "Great One".
July 13, 2009
A nuanced perspective of growing up as a 2nd gen Russian immigrant in North York in the 80s. There isn't really an ending to speak of but the scenes, characters, and humour are really well done.
July 4, 2009
One of those movies where I end up a little envious of the main character -- a liar with lots of integrity.
June 20, 2009
I feel like everyone can relate to this movie. It's different because it leaves you feeling incomplete. Not in a bad way though, because life is incomplete most of the time.
June 3, 2009
This movie is okay, but in the end, there's nothing particularly memorable or outstanding about it. Some interesting characters in the movie and a story that movies along at a decent pace, but it seems a bit unfocused throughout and you can't ever really tell where it's going. Even by the end, nothing has really come together so ultimately it just seems like a bunch of random events happening with little connection between them all.
½ January 29, 2009
A beautiful story about a hockey playing Canadian teenage boy, friendship and romance. The story starts when a teammate goes missing right before the May Victoria Day holiday.