Village of the Giants Reviews

• Jan 12, 2019

Super cheesy, stupid lines, simple plot. Was fun watching it with Svengoolie narrating.

• Jan 12, 2019

Astoundingly bad! Far too much Go-Go dancing, random singing, and that's on top poor plot and mediocre acting.

• May 30, 2016

A goofy science fiction flick that has some dry acting despite the appearances of Ron Howard and Beau Bridges. The corny effects, the 60s rock, the surfer sensibilities, and the giant delinquent themes is a simple escape. A fun movie not to be taken seriously.

• Apr 02, 2016

Boring, horrifically paced, but may be good for a few laughs

Boring, horrifically paced, but may be good for a few laughs

• Mar 21, 2015

I'm guessing that in the H.G. Wells novel this film is based upon, "The Food of the Gods," that there was less dancing, crazy rock n' roll or teenagers run amok. This version of the story involves four teens who happen upon a potion made by little Ronnie Howard that turns animals and people into giants. The teens become giants and then live like Roman Gods making the townspeople do their bidding. Tommy Kirk plays one of the non-giant good teens and Beau Bridges plays one of the bad giant teens. Toni Basil also appears int he film as Red and Joe Turkel plays the Sheriff. This film was also Jack Nitzsche 's first film credit as composer. And fans of "Back to the Future" might recognize the town square as the same one on the Universal backlot that doubled as Hill Valley in that film. It's a silly and badly made film to be sure, but it's also pretty fun and entertaining. This is also probably a cult favorite of giantess fetishists.

• Mar 17, 2015

weird wacky but watchable

weird wacky but watchable

• Nov 20, 2013

A film that has more dancing and skimpy out-fits than sense. The effects are cheesy, the characters are even worse, and the plot is slow and dumb. The ending is utterly shameless and resolves nothing serious.

• Apr 13, 2013

You have to love the scene with the Beau Brummels. While someone can rightfully call this dreck, it is beyond entertaining, at least it was to me. Part of my massive enjoyment of this movie comes with the ridiculousness of it.

• Sep 11, 2012

Watchable and at times fun, but this is miles from being a good movie.

Watchable and at times fun, but this is miles from being a good movie.

• Apr 28, 2012

What do you get when you mix a freaky sci-fi B movie, a beach party movie and a swinging 60's atmosphere? You get this piece of crap. Village of the Giants might have been based on an H.G. Wells story, but it fails as a movie on nearly every level. Despite the fact that a young Ron Howard and Beau Bridges are in it, there's barely any reason to watch it at all. Even the Mystery Science Theater 3000 guys couldn't make it that much more enjoyable. Hardly anything really could. I spent most of the time wanting to punch most of the "teenagers" in the face because of how annoying they were. It's also another of those movies that you fight desperately to stay awake on, and as I've said about others like it, I didn't make it the first time through. You're better off skipping it altogether if you ask me. Find something better.