Vincent - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Vincent Reviews

March 13, 2016
Narrator: "Vincent Milano is seven years old. He's always polite and does what he's told. For a boy his age he's considerate and nice, but he wants to be just like Vincent Price".

Tim Burton is one of the most unique and visually stunning directors that ever existed. Who knows what goes through that mans head to make such imagery like this. But since I've seen most of his movies, I thought to check out his short films that he did when he was starting out directing and "Vincent" is the one that I checked out. What I love about these short films is that there are short (of course), but it also has a deeper impact on you and that's what "Vincent" did for me. I found this to be very relatable and visually stunning from the master that is Tim Burton.
November 27, 2015
The cutest little 5 minute short about a little boy dreaming the life of his idol Vincent Price. This was created by then up-and-comer Tim Burton and narrated by the great Vincent Price himself.
September 16, 2015
Another masterpiece of Burton!
August 28, 2015
Quite possibly the greatest thing Tim Burton has ever made.
April 15, 2015
THE cutest, most amazing, most amusing animated short movie ever! love it!
January 29, 2015
Vincent is a brilliantly made short film which manages to combine humour and heart into the space that some films use for exposition. Full review later.
January 13, 2015
"Vincent" is a wonderful little short film Tim Burton that is an early example of how great and original his work could be. It also features the wonderful talent of Vincent Price, who has one of my all time favorite voices. He reads a poem about a young man who wishes to be Vincent Price himself. I think this is lovely and wonderful early showcase of talent from Burton.
½ July 21, 2014
Burton poetry in motion.
May 28, 2014
Impressed with Tim Burton's distinctive talent, two Disney executives gave him $60,000 to adapt a poem he had written called 'Vincent', about a seven year-old boy who fancies his life is a combination of an Edgar Allan Poe story and a 1920s horror movie. The result is a brilliantly crafted short that is Trademark Burton, narrated with glee by...Vincent Price! It is incredibly slick for a work so early in his career, with no apparent rough edges. Watch this!
April 27, 2014
It's the first and best small filmographies the Tim burton started with ... Just love it!
January 23, 2014
Everything great and unique about Tim Burton can be traced back to this tale of little Vincent Malone and his grand wish of being Vincent Price, horror movie actor extraordinaire.
January 5, 2014
Wonderful. Absolutely tunning.
December 25, 2013
I absolutely loved it!! One of my favorite short films and pieces by Tim Burton!!
November 7, 2013
A long time ago a young Tim Burton set out to make a short animated movie called Vincent. It's become a interesting piece of filmography for Tim Burton since it displays many of his usual styles that would proceed into the rest of his career. The basic premise is about a young boy who wants to be Vincent Price. Narrated by Vincent Price himself through a poem that Tim Burton himself wrote. It's a great little homage to Vincent Price and to Edgar Allen Poe. Playful and imaginative sums up this little gem.
July 11, 2013
It's just Burton in a nutshell. I think Vinception is a more fitting name though.
July 5, 2013
"Playfully macabre". Fantastic short that reads like a children's book. Brilliant artistic animation and the seed for later animated Tim Burton classics.
June 17, 2013
A truly wonderfully creepy-but-playful short film from a young Tim Burton!
April 7, 2013
Short, entertaining, and Burton's animation is beautiful to watch.
March 17, 2013
This is just brilliant and i can see why Vincent Price came on board. Along with Rick Heinrichs, Tim Burton created a beautiful, sweet and devilishly hilarious short. It is truly inspired and i get vibes of Edward Gorey, Dr. Seuss & The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari throughout.
½ January 28, 2013
Very interesting, I loved the script and the animation. The theme is great. It was a bit scary, though.