Viola di mare (The Sea Purple) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Viola di mare (The Sea Purple) Reviews

March 11, 2013
Read alot of reviews on this film before viewing. None of reviews were exaggerated. It's a great film, but have a box of tissues nearby
½ September 3, 2012
Bellissimo film sulla diversità e sui pregiudizi. Lo consiglio a tutti...
A great movie on social prejudices and on diversity. I suggest everyone to see it...
April 24, 2012
one of the more decen ones. very watchable with an telegenic italian cast and the pretty sicilian seaside town.
moral of the story? you've found each other, for goodness sakes, forget about babies! see where that got you two, sara and angela.
½ October 9, 2011
Had potential, and was set up for a grand finale, but was fairly disappointing in the end. Having brought up some interesting themes - injustice against women, women's liberation and same-sex marriage - it only half-heartedly explored them, and doesn't leave any lasting impression.

Interesting, nevertheless, with good performances from the two lead actresses.
July 15, 2011
It was interesting to watch the entire way through and at the ending sequence I broke down just like the main fucking character.

Damn tricky Italian filmmakers, stop raping my tearducts.
½ April 25, 2011
I like the couple in this movie very much.. >< but the ending was just sad :(.. and I really want to shoot one character dead in this movie >< pff..
½ December 31, 2010
While I am still trying to get my head around how can this ever going to work out in a 19th century village. I can't help myself to admire the dedication/stubborness of Angela/Angelo. It's a good love story, but not everyone will like it. My only concern is the logic factor.
December 13, 2010
i love this movie. Both of them are very sexy and the acting were spot on. 5 stars
December 8, 2010
interesting Italian film
½ September 20, 2010
Nothing - not her father, not the church - can stop Angela from being with her childhood best friend turned great love - another woman.
Deep, beautiful.
April 16, 2010
veramente un film di alto livello
February 24, 2010
HĂ­jole, para que no digan que uno es malinchista... TambiĂ©n los italianos hacen pelĂ­culas gachitas con halo de "basada en un hecho real". Maaaaalaas las actuaciones, pĂ©eeeesimo el desarrollo y mĂșsica enfadosa.