Virgin - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Virgin Reviews

July 23, 2012
It's wierd but couldnt help to keep watching it!
August 27, 2011
Only about 1/2 way through the movie and I'm not sure what I think. The camera angles are nauseating and the acting subpar.
January 10, 2011
This is not an easy movie to watch, but it's good. Depressing, yes. Disturbing, definitely. But it's also very eye-opening. I recommend seeing this at least once.
October 25, 2010
It's wierd but couldnt help to keep watching it!
May 4, 2009
Interesting how the ethics of the characters conflict, but overall it felt like there was too much forced symbolism.
½ May 4, 2009
I had been looking forwad to this movie for a while but i was dissappointed. I usually love Robin Wright Penn films but I found the main character Jessie to be extremely difficult to relate to or ever like.
April 18, 2009
This movie was heartbreaking and so bittersweet. I just wanted someone to hug her and tell her she is beautiful and smart. She was so sweet and true, and messed up. The religious family was classically hidious. Worth watching -- adults only -- and get ready for infuriating scenes.
July 15, 2008
Intense, moving, and deeply disturbing. Worth the trouble of tracking down.
½ May 28, 2008
So much of Virgin is bunk masquerading as sexual politics.
April 15, 2008
I Co-produced this movie
½ March 23, 2008
Made me simultaneously sick to my stomach and hopeful.
February 11, 2008
holy shit, this movie is sad. The handheld camera makes it lose a star though.
February 10, 2008
The camera-work was not too impressive, but the realism is truly striking.
½ January 16, 2008
Although not quite sure about the quality of film-making, Virgin is definitely a thought provoking film that delves into sexuality, organized religion, and gender equality. Even through my skepticism, I found myself aching at the finale. Not great, but worth seeing.
½ December 14, 2007
I saw this at my library and the story sounded interesting so I checked it out. What a mistake that was. What I found most annoying about it was that it was shot completely as if by a hand held camera so the entire thing was shaky. I figured after 25 minutes of this the director wanted it this way, but seriously, it made me feel ill! Anyway the script was ridiculous, the acting horrendous, the plot confusing, and the ending had one of the ‚??huh?‚?? moments. Not a pleasant ‚??huh?‚?? like at the end of a Kubrick film, but more like a WTF ‚??huh?‚?? Not to mention some of the characters were just written so weirdly, particularly the guys. One‚??s a jerk who‚??s the one who raped her but turns out to be a savior, and the other‚??s a supposed friend but turns out to be a crazy ass. Crazy as in insane. Plus the sister seems like she never even loved the main girl but all of a sudden she‚??s all lovey dovey too. Make up your mind!
November 24, 2007
Really loved the lead actress but the dream sequences were incomprehensible. The symbolism was clunky and overdone.
½ September 28, 2007
absolutely nothing redeeming about this film - it demonizes men, southern people, and christians. i am none of those things myself but couldn't stand it nonetheless. seriously one of the worst films i have ever seen.
September 28, 2007
No Review, powerful though, also needed steadycam, just joking
½ August 31, 2007
This was interesting and a little bizarre. Not sure about the end, but it was good and a little sad.