Virtuosity - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Virtuosity Reviews

½ December 3, 2016
Denzel Washington and Russell Crowe star in Virtuosity. Crowe is SID 6.7 a sadistic virtual serial killer. He somehow is able to become human and begins terrorizing and killing everyone in his path. The only one who can stop him is a former officer now turned criminal Lt. Barnes (Washington). The chase is on tries to find and kill before the bodies keep piling up.
As he hunts him down he finds he is hard to kill as SID 6.7 can regenerate and take a lot of damage. These types of scenes seem similar to the Terminator. Barnes must find a way to balance his troubled past to catch him. Things get even more personal when SID 6.7 threatens his family.
Virtuosity is a terrible movie in nearly all accounts. A few entertaining action sequences are all about that keep this movie afloat. Crowe does his best as the serial killer, and Washington can tell it is not the best script he has seen and practically mails it in. Some of Crowes' antics as the villain actually come off as more comedic than dark, and it is not even clear if this is intended or not for some scenes. The film tries to present ground breaking special effects, and for this reason the film does not age well either.

-11.19.2016

½ November 27, 2016
Oh boy... I don't remember this being that bad, but yeah... it was pretty bad. Just cheesy and cliche and not much to offer. The effects hold up decently well at least...
September 4, 2015
Boring!! To much science fiction for me.
August 30, 2015
Crowe's performance breathes life into the overall basic plot elements. The effects were passable for the time and the direction is at least standard. So, pretty much a fun no-brains scifi flick.
August 12, 2015
Like the Matrix with The Terminator villain. Crowe steals the show, while Denzel sort of phones in his performance. A video-game of a movie that has only some glitzy effects to wow the viewer, but in the end very 2-dimensional -- like a video-game.
July 22, 2015
Crowe et Washington jouent bien mais le film a bien mal vieilli a cause de son sujet qui traite de la realite virtuelle. Divertissant si on oublie l'incoherence du scenar donc.
½ April 25, 2015
You look forward to a movie with two great actors going at one another and then they feed you this slop....son of a.....
March 3, 2015
One of my personal guilty pleasures. Virtuosity is a fast-paced '90s sci fi thriller with an early, gleefully over the top performance by Russell Crowe.
½ September 13, 2014
Holy shit this is a terrible movie! One of the worst movies I've ever seen with actors that I recognize. I'd rather watch Troll 2.
May 9, 2014
My Favorite Science Fiction Film Is 1968's 2001: A Space Odyssey.
April 8, 2014
The movie had iWashington and Crowe.
Nothing more then a waste of talent.
March 28, 2014
Its real campy and outdated but its still not a bad movie.
February 23, 2014
Rarely you see such crap from such great actors :-O
½ February 22, 2014
It hungers for more character development and more work on the script. The film does have a couple of intelligent scenes, and a few star actors, but it fails to entertain.
January 7, 2014
Loved Russell Crowe as Sid 6.7 this is one of the few movies that I was rooting for the bad guy....
January 4, 2014
Wow. In terms of acting, it was like seeing Denzel Washington sink in quicksand. The quicksand being the terrible actors around him. The more he tried to save himself... well...
½ October 29, 2013
Despite the fact that the movie suffers from a bit of the outdated computer talk and the special effects are a bit overdone for simple scenes this movie actually does get entertaining. Crowe as the psychopath computer killer and then Denzel as the obsessed guilt ridden cop works very well. The action scenes, sometimes a bit slow, do eventually become immersive. Not the best movie but not the worst.
September 21, 2013
Certain Parts Of This Film Just Doesn't Make Sense, But Ignoring This & Looking At The Good Plot (Although A Few Other Films At This Time Had Similar Plots). It Turns Out To Be A Kick-Ass Film. The Character Development Is Key To The Story & That Is The Reason Why I Enjoyed This Film. Nothing Great, Not A Total Disaster Just Sits In The Middle Somewhere.
September 11, 2013
A great sci-fi movie. Very inventive for its time. Most of the holier than thou shitdicks at rotten tomatoes seem to hate on it. That makes me like it even more. And it gave us a brilliant Peter Gabriel song to boot!
August 30, 2013
i fell asleep, not my kind of movie