Virunga Reviews

• Apr 14, 2020

Winner Hot Docs and DOXA film festival. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virunga_(film)#Awards

• Mar 28, 2020

Incredible documentary about the strife in Congo

Incredible documentary about the strife in Congo

• Apr 13, 2019

Almost half of the revolutionary revelation is a nature documentary that shows what beauty is being destroyed by the greedy which makes up the rest as political with passionate, defensive war in between to counter the conservative evil. It's a shocking battle of good vs. evil with the former's protective strength being inspiring in protecting what they love to reach out and successfully resonate supportive emotions while the presented mission encouragingly represents similar struggles that could find increased strength. (A-) (Full review TBD)

• Jan 28, 2019

Incredible acts of bravery for the small gem that we have left worth protecting. Beautiful, touching and sad at the same time.

• Dec 31, 2018

The dramatic, terrifying developments later in this film firmly establish Rodrigue, André, and Emmanuel as semi-mythical heroes, with their humility and honor stealing the show.

• Apr 16, 2018

Produced by Leonardo De Caprio. Seriously the best movie I've ever seen. People are so caught up in their own lives they do not realize certain devastations that should be made prominent. I'm so thankful my anthro teacher made me watch this because it's a life changer. Watch this movie!!!!!! Save the gorillas!!!

• Apr 15, 2018

What an intense documentary. Starts with gorillas, then there's evil oil, before a civil war erupts. And this is all true.

• Nov 27, 2017

This movie clearly depicts the urgency of the situation in an action packed yet dramatic film. It aims at appealing to viewers emotions to convey the movie's message. The war scenes do just the trick as it is upsetting to watch. It is truly a powerful movie that depicts the greedy government and unaware society. It allows viewers to realize that these forests are worth the fight and should be treasured.

• Nov 27, 2017

Virunga was a documentary that captured all of the dramas with African rangers and gorillas. While watching this film, it brought o the emotions of feeling sorrow and pain for the instances these gorillas faced at this time. The suspenseful scenes are the ones that allowed me to stay intrigued with the plot. The film was extremely informative and informational. I would definitely recommend this to many other people who many not be aware of this film and the African habitats that contain these endangered species.