Vision Quest Reviews

• Oct 05, 2018

This is a great movie for high schoolers, especially seniors as this story surrounds a HS Senior who is hellbent on leaving his legacy upon wrestling team. Along the way, he becomes sidetracked when he meets a drifter and offers his assistance. This movie isn't liked by critics, but I would say it has a large enough cult following for anyone to give it a watch. It came at a time in the 80's that was dominated by directors Harold Ramis, John Hughes and "The Brat Pack," which could be why it was never given the exposure it deserved. It's definitely a refreshing 80's movie as it steps away from some of the more melodramatic movies associated with the decade. It's far more subtle and intriguing to watch. An solid 4 stars.

• Nov 21, 2017

18 year old Louden Swain (Matthew Modine) intends to drop his weight to 168 pounds so that he can challenge a much more undefeated wrestler from another high school. And it is during then is when Louden falls for a slightly older woman named Carla(Linda Fiorintino) who is 21 from which she is invited to stay with his dad as a result trouble with her vehicle. This was also the movie that introduced to 2 hit songs of "Crazy For You" from Madonna and "Only The Young" by Journey.

• Mar 13, 2017

Matthew Modine x Michael Schoeffling x ?Crazy For You?.

Matthew Modine x Michael Schoeffling x ?Crazy For You?.

• Oct 25, 2016

An underrated story of growing up, romance, and working to achieve your goals. Capped by great performances, especially from Matthew Modine.

• Jun 07, 2016

louden swains I can do anything I set my mind to attitude is so inspirational, Vision Quest is my all time favorite movie. I think everyone should watch the powerful 6 minutes speech given to him when he wants to call it quits before the climax of this movie. God bless everyone who had anything to do with this movie. Great soundtrack with red rider lunatic fringe ready to get you on the wrestling mat. The score done by tangerine dream enhances the classic movie almost to perfection. Its neat to see Madonna in this movie as she is just now finding sucess in her career and performs crazy on you live in a bar during one scene. A lil romance thrown which along with everything i said and so much more, makes this a move that can be loved by anyone.

• Mar 15, 2016

I actually really enjoyed this movie. I mean, the 80's were all over this thing. The music, including Madonna performing at the small club. The wrestling coach, wearing a singlet with a collared shirt. Modine was really good. Just a fun movie. 80's!

• Dec 02, 2015

A beautful, uplifting movie, and is so different that anything you've ever seen before. Do yourself a favor and watch Vision Quest.

• Apr 29, 2015

Vision Quest is a decent film. It is about high school wrestler Louden Swain who decides he wants to be something more than an average high school athlete. Matthew Modine and Linda Fiorento give good performances. The screenplay is a little slow in places. Harold Becker did an alright job directing this movie. I liked this motion picture because of the drama and romance.

• Mar 31, 2015

Coming of age story that is less than captivating or imaginative.

Coming of age story that is less than captivating or imaginative.

• Feb 07, 2015

Has one of the best soundtracks of the 1980s and is a classic among the high school wrestling culture