Vision Quest - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Vision Quest Reviews

November 21, 2017
18 year old Louden Swain (Matthew Modine) intends to drop his weight to 168 pounds so that he can challenge a much more undefeated wrestler from another high school. And it is during then is when Louden falls for a slightly older woman named Carla(Linda Fiorintino) who is 21 from which she is invited to stay with his dad as a result trouble with her vehicle. This was also the movie that introduced to 2 hit songs of "Crazy For You" from Madonna and "Only The Young" by Journey.
March 13, 2017
Matthew Modine x Michael Schoeffling x ?Crazy For You?.
½ December 2, 2016
An underrated story of growing up, romance, and working to achieve your goals. Capped by great performances, especially from Matthew Modine.
June 8, 2016
louden swains I can do anything I set my mind to attitude is so inspirational, Vision Quest is my all time favorite movie. I think everyone should watch the powerful 6 minutes speech given to him when he wants to call it quits before the climax of this movie. God bless everyone who had anything to do with this movie. Great soundtrack with red rider lunatic fringe ready to get you on the wrestling mat. The score done by tangerine dream enhances the classic movie almost to perfection. Its neat to see Madonna in this movie as she is just now finding sucess in her career and performs crazy on you live in a bar during one scene. A lil romance thrown which along with everything i said and so much more, makes this a move that can be loved by anyone.
March 15, 2016
I actually really enjoyed this movie. I mean, the 80's were all over this thing. The music, including Madonna performing at the small club. The wrestling coach, wearing a singlet with a collared shirt. Modine was really good. Just a fun movie. 80's!
½ December 2, 2015
A beautful, uplifting movie, and is so different that anything you've ever seen before. Do yourself a favor and watch Vision Quest.
April 29, 2015
Vision Quest is a decent film. It is about high school wrestler Louden Swain who decides he wants to be something more than an average high school athlete. Matthew Modine and Linda Fiorento give good performances. The screenplay is a little slow in places. Harold Becker did an alright job directing this movie. I liked this motion picture because of the drama and romance.
½ March 31, 2015
Coming of age story that is less than captivating or imaginative.
February 7, 2015
Has one of the best soundtracks of the 1980s and is a classic among the high school wrestling culture
July 14, 2014
One of my favorite movies ever. Matthew Modine as a high school wrestler that gets the opportunity of a lifetime. A Rocky story of sacrifice, battle and redemption.
Great soundtrack, realistic wrestling, catchy one liners.
Great characters in the movie, wrestlers, coaches, Elmo. The girlfriend is a small flaw, not a great actress.
July 10, 2014
love this flick! Such a classic
½ June 4, 2014
It's definitely a cult classic with wrestlers but I think non-wrestlers can still enjoy this flick quite a bit. It's about love and of course Louden's quest to take on an unbeatable foe while his friends, teammates, English teacher and wrestling coach think he's a bit crazy. But over time he convinces all that he's not only sincere on his quest but he actually might pull it off. "It's not six minutes, it's what happens in that six minutes" is the iconic quote for the movie, which also features a cameo by a young Madonna and one of the best movie soundtracks ever.
April 17, 2014
this is the worlds best movie
February 18, 2014
If you were a high school athlete in the 80"s this is your Mona Lisa.
August 9, 2013
This movie is a classic that is still watched faithfully by high school wrestlers nearly 30 years after it was released. Why? Because it's the most honest portrayal of the high school wrestling experience ever put on film. It's also a great story about a young man who sets out to make his mark, even in the face of people who tell him that he can't do it. Linda Fiorentino is just the right balance between fantasy girl and reality to make the love story plausible. JC Quinn's speech before the climactic finale is not to be missed. One of the best soundtracks of the 80s to boot!
June 16, 2013
Okay, I remember not liking this after I first saw it, but it is really good. I'm not into wrestling, but I have read if you are you may be more into it than I could get as a viewer. I also thought the love story between Modine and Fiorentino was not very good. No real passion or anything. Had they developed that a tad more, this film could have been a Five star film.

The music is awesome. Journey, Foreigner, Madonna, Sammy Hagar, etc. And not just good tunes, but they all seemed to fit in well with the story.

While Cox was good as the dad, I felt like Daphne Zuniga and Forest Whitaker were pretty wasted, and I know they weren't huge names back then, but even their roles were kind of dull. Madonna shows up and sings a few songs at one point too.

I also liked how the 'bad guy' he had to wrestle in the end wasn't a bad guy cliche, as he was actually quite nice, just the better wrestler!
June 7, 2013
One of my favorites of all time. Great speech's, great soundtrack, very good acting.
February 5, 2013
This is my favorite movie of all time well basically b/c i can strongly relate to what Louden went through in the movie
November 27, 2012
It had a really good plot I enjoy it alot there where alot of good points to the movie
½ November 17, 2012
This movie should b a top 5 sports and inspirational movie. The music is awesome as well.