Visioneers - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Visioneers Reviews

½ August 27, 2016
A dumb movie that goes nowhere. Despite an ok performance from Zach, this isn't Office Space or much of anything.
August 7, 2016
After looking at the critical reviews below, the favorable ones RT has listed below are not even for this particular film, but for "Visions", a 2011 film by German director Margarette von Trotta. That alone has me questioning the reliability of this site. What gives???
March 18, 2015
An affected mish-mash of other people's ideas and styles that occasionally manages to transcend its influences and create an emotional resonance, though I think that's partly due to Galifianakis's sympathetically minimalist performance. If you want to make the case that American indie movies are full of quirky bullshit and frustrated man-child protagonists, here's your argument-ender. And I liked the damn thing.
½ January 2, 2015
Low-key to the point of absurdity.
December 18, 2014
It seems having something to say, intentionally absurd but going almost lunatic.
August 16, 2014
Jeffer's morning to you!
May 30, 2014
Crazy, absolutely crazy!
½ May 25, 2014
It was an interesting concept, and I usually like the dystopian angel, but this one fell a little flat. I felt it had potential in the first half hour with some good ideas about how our society is brainwashed from TV and propaganda from media and corporations. There were some stupid ideas though like the fried chicken and the butter. And somethings didn't really make sense, like where did all the people come from who were partying in his backyard? Zach's acting could have been better. Like the director said, "look more sad like all the time." Not much range or depth. I agree also that it was boring and slow at times. Not very funny, except for that show he was watching about that guy who kicks ass, that was pretty funny.
May 20, 2014
Two words: phallic symbols
April 13, 2014
I'm tired of regretting giving Zach Galifianakis my time.
February 15, 2014
Uma coorporação tenta extrair o máximo de produtividade de seus empregados até que começam a haver explosões. O filme focaliza no dilema do chefe do andar 3, que está prestes a explodir. Os detalhes sórdidos de como a empresa cuida de seus funcionários até quando eles estão em suas casas é o grande destaque.
½ February 11, 2014
KA-BOOM !!! Friggin' AWESOME movie . Kinda like an updated Brazil . Sorta - It's cool all by itself . I dug it .
½ February 9, 2014
This is a pretty good movie.... The first hour are pretty stale and the ironic, surreal, and black humor really doesn't give a great structure especially with the little dialogue. Visioneers has very cool world that seems very similar to our own aesthetically but once the exterior is ripped it's quite foreign. The last 30 minutes though are very superb with an ending that was amazing that had an actual satisfying ending unlike the majority of indy films. I'd like to give it 4 stars with the ending it had but with that said that boring beginning really is important and makes the ending pop!
½ February 7, 2014
Incredibly slow and unfunny.
½ January 17, 2014
couldn't really know if I should laugh or not.. I'm perplex.. the subject is not knew and I'm not sure the movie add something to it..
January 1, 2014
Jarad Drake's directorial debut brilliantly and interestingly connects an Orwellian future into our current corporation ruled present - This splendid writing allows what should be a creepy harbinger of large noxious organizations running the futuristic vacuous world into a tongue in cheek, hilariously entertaining look at the "exploding " price humans beings pay when turned into a barcoded brianwashed droids. As always, Zach Galifiankis is bedazzling as the bedrock of this unsettling, provocative tale. A must see.
½ November 15, 2013
I like Zach Galifianakis but I have to say this is one of the worst movies I ever seen in my life, and I have seen on hell of a lot of movies.
½ November 7, 2013
Wanted to like it but was a bit shit
½ October 20, 2013
A delightful little indie with an interesting, original story and intelligent situations. Features a strong, subdued Galifianakis performance.
October 12, 2013
no 'office space' and not much of anything else either a seriously oppressive and downright unwatchable movie.