Vitalina Varela Reviews

• Jun 12, 2020

The story didn't do anything for me, but holy cow this movie is absolutely stunning visually. Unlike anything I've ever seen before. Must see.

• May 03, 2020

This movie is horrible

This movie is horrible

• Apr 27, 2020

Exquisite atmospheric cinematography and lighting aside, this otherwise excessively tedious exercise in pregnant pauses, long lingering shots of insignificance, pretentious monologues and voluminous footage of mundane activities that adds nothing to the narrative makes one glad for the fast forward button. Fewer films have I seen that make the viewer long for the ending -- and, when it finally comes, it's largely unsatisfying, likely to evoke a huge "So what?" I fail to understand the critics' raves about this one, but, with such a dearth of new material out there at the moment, I imagine that almost anything will do to satisfy the appetites of the hungry.