Viva Maria! - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Viva Maria! Reviews

August 4, 2008
Larga y un poco pesadita, algunos gags son para muy fans del absurdo.
July 8, 2008
Who wouldn't want to join a revolution after this?
½ June 24, 2008
BB very cute, a magic, and what else. . . I prefer au revoir les enfants.
½ April 28, 2008
Brigitte Bardot and Jeanne Moreau frolic round early 1900's Central America, leading a revolution, blowing things up, and inventing the striptease along the way. Sounds good? Sadly, that's not really the case. Bardot, Moreau and Malle have all done better things.
littlecharmer1959
½ April 28, 2008
April 18, 2008
Sometimes its hard to watch and remember its a comedy, as the humour isn't that forthcoming.
February 29, 2008
This film is bloody hilarious!!!
½ February 5, 2008
Completely over the top comedy from Louis Malle. This is really the last thing I expected from a Malle film, it's practically a spoof and full of physical comedy and sight gags that actually work. The two main stars are really fun to watch, especially in the musical sequences and the film is always well shot. Not up there with Malle's classics but it's a lot of fun regardless.
January 7, 2008
Brigitte Bardot and Jeanne Moreau both sparkle in this revolution-comedy by Louis Malle. Not a great work of art, but entertaining nevertheless with the stars' musical number an absolute highlight.
November 28, 2007
Why was Bardot Irish/ and what about the gun that shoots 'round corners? This is a very nice movie with songs and lots of accdents - i.e. the 'accidental' invention of striptease and the 'accidental' involvement in a major armed uprising.
November 7, 2007
I liked this film, know the story isn't all that great but I really love this film.I love that you have 2 top french actress of that time together. Bardot & Moreau just sexy.
November 2, 2007
Classified as a classic = Interested.
October 31, 2007
Picturesque but hollow.
September 28, 2007
Malle trying to do his own spaghetti western. This is one of my least favorites of his. Some kind of wacky comical adventure flick set in the Mexican revolutionary. The jokes fall a little flat and the combo of Bardot and Moreau is not a good match, and I'm not talking yet of George Hamilton (yuk!).
July 19, 2007
All CLASSICS are GOOD
July 12, 2007
to be honest, i havent seen the whole film, just the last 45 odd minutes or so and let me tell you that this film is a disaster. it will wound all your sentiments when regarding the so called "classic" movies. horribly unrealistic, this grotesque piece of cinema will make you paranoid about all old films. a must avoid film. if you really want a laugh you only need to see the last few minutes or put your nerves to test watching the whole circus. a damned embarassment to movies.
June 12, 2007
It's hilarious! Another Western Comedy with a great cast (Jeanne Moreau, Brigitte bardot)
June 5, 2007
I'm a louis malle fan, not one of his best.
½ February 3, 2007
A movie that started by being very light hearted and sexy turned into something altoether very different. Not sure how much point I found in the story line but it seemed to keep itself moving.
In many ways it's a long way before its time with two feminine character being seen as very violent and smart in a way normally seen as masculine in the 1960's.
½ September 15, 2006
It isn't a realistic movie at all, it's all about fantasy and revolution. The 60's French sense of humor is shown on this film and the sexiness that we aren't used to see on western films can be enjoyed here with the beauty of Bardot and Moreau. I like it for de songs, the black humor and the personality of the girls.
La historia se desarrolla en México y claro que tienen una visión estereotipada de nosotros pero me pareció mucho mejor que la de los westerns gringos, y también hay cosas de la cultura mexicana que se nota que no tienen ni la menor idea, pero bueno, no podía ser perfecta la película.