Vivement dimanche! (Finally, Sunday)(Confidentially Yours) Reviews

• Sep 03, 2018

An entertaining evening's viewing - light-hearted and undemanding. A romantic film with plenty of dialogue and just enough action. The first scene was confusing, and I felt I should have liked to have seen it again later in the film. As a 1983 film, I'm not sure being in black and white added anything, but presumably it was harping back to earlier American films. As four adults with a wide age range and both genders, we all enjoyed the film. There were several parts that made me laugh

• Jun 16, 2017

Confidential Report is the closest any filmmaker came to capturing Hitchcock without straight ripping him off, and proves a timeless blend of noir and the thriller genre that's slick and delightful.

• Feb 22, 2017

Jean-Louis Trintignant is accused of murdering a man who was having an affair with his wife and enlists his secretary's help to clear his name. There's something about late period Truffaut that just does not resonate with me. This is obviously a Hitchcock homage, and Truffaut knows his Hitchcock, so why didn't I find this particularly engaging or really believe any of the character interactions. The whole time I was watching it, I wished it was a Chabrol film.

• Aug 28, 2015

Truffauit's Hitchcockian thriller is frequently convoluted but still a lot of fun; Ardent is radiant.

• Mar 03, 2014

A great tribute by Truffaut to Hitchcock and Kubrick which concludes his beautiful career. Fanny Adant is gorgeous.

• Jul 14, 2013

Fanny Ardant is the best excuse for watching the movie!

Fanny Ardant is the best excuse for watching the movie!

• Jun 19, 2012

A brilliant and stunning picture.

A brilliant and stunning picture.

• Jun 06, 2012

On dirait que, parfois, je ressens parfaitement le brio de Truffaut et que je m'y vautre. Dans certaines scènes, qui sont apparemment banales, je me sens bien, et je me laisse bercer par l'histoire. Sauf que... Ce ne sont pas toutes les scènes qui sont magiques, loin de là. Ce n'est peut-être pas le meilleur film de Truffaut, mais il faut dire qu'il ne m'a guère impressionné. Le jeu d'Ardant est quand même bien agréable, mais l'histoire en tant que tel, c'est du policier ressassé maintes et maintes fois.

• Feb 06, 2011

NeÅeli Pazar, 1983 Fransa yapımı kara film tarzında bir polisiye komedi filmidir. "NeÅeli Pazar", kendine özgà 1/4 melodramatik aÅk filmlerinde klasik Fransız sinemasıyla Amerikan kara filmi arasında bir köprà 1/4 oluÅturan, Yeni Dalga sinema akımının öncà 1/4 yönetmeni auteur sinemacı François Truffaut'nun son filmidir. Truffaut ertesi yıl beyin tà 1/4mörà 1/4 nedeniyle 52 yaÅındayken ölmà 1/4Åtà 1/4. fransız yeni dalga sinemasının, kendi stilinden uzaklaÅıp gittikçe amerikan sinemasına benzemesine ve bunu da pek tabii eline yà 1/4zà 1/4ne bulaÅtırmasına örnek gösterebileceÄim ve sırf bu yà 1/4zden sevgili truffaut'nun en kötà 1/4 filmi.

• May 12, 2010

[center][font=Times New Roman][size=4][color=white][img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/73/Vivement_dimanche.jpg[/img][/color][/size][/font][/center] [font=Times New Roman][size=4][color=white][/color][/size][/font] [font=Times New Roman][size=4][color=white]Francois Truffaut's final film was definitely not his best, but it was a nice little noir homage that is worth a view nonetheless. It features a nice mystery storyline with above average acting that brings it all together nicely. There is really nothing that makes this film great, but nothing that detracts from it either. If you're looking for a nice little foreign noir, or are just a Truffaut fan in general, you will probably enjoy this. Otherwise, you may not see anything out of the ordinary here.[/color][/size][/font]