Vodka Lemon Reviews

• May 24, 2012

(***): [img]http://images.rottentomatoes.com/images/user/icons/icon14.gif[/img] Darkly funny. Worth a look.

• Oct 01, 2011

Painfully slow and hardly any dialogue, found it hard to watch.

Painfully slow and hardly any dialogue, found it hard to watch.

• May 01, 2011

Cold, poverty and disappointment. But happiness is out there for everyone, we just have to take our chances. And vodka can always help.

• Oct 27, 2010

I thought this movie tried to be thoughtful but instead it seemed to drag on with little interest.

• Aug 21, 2010

Beautiful movie that allows space for the raw forces of human nature.

Beautiful movie that allows space for the raw forces of human nature.

• May 28, 2010

I couldn't find the root of the story but it was cute, and I loved the scenery.

I couldn't find the root of the story but it was cute, and I loved the scenery.

• May 24, 2010

A very subtle love story set in rural Siberia, Vodka Lemon is a bittersweet discourse on mature love!

• Mar 22, 2010

Roy Anderson möter Kosturica på nåt lustigt sätt. Lågt tempo i filmen, allt man ser hinner liksom sjunka in. Inget för Blockbuster-fantaster, snarare en finsmakar-film.

• Dec 19, 2009

I've seen this film categorized under 'comedy' on a few websites and in a few stores, but personally, there wasn't anything funny about it. It was actually a rather depressing, bleak, bitter, short little film that portrayed a very rough life in post-Soviet Armenia. I found it so odd that everyone seemed to carry a chair around with them wherever they went and would, out of nowhere, sit down on it, outside, in the cold as if it were completely natural. This movie gave me frostbite just watching it! And yet everyone in it seemed to spend majority of their time outside, amidst the harsh weather, and typically even without gloves! I thought it was cute that the main character and the woman on the bus had such an interesting, quirky relationship. Singing and dancing together and rarely talking. I found it very interesting to get a glimpse of a different culture, because it certainly was different.

• Dec 03, 2009

This is a very slow movie. It is really hard to get into it. You either can or can't. If you can't you will probably hate the film. I actually enjoyed the story and the dialog used. The cast was fun and entertaining. But like I said, the movie is slow. I believe that is why it was hard for me to give it a great rating. But the whole concept of how these people live in this little town seemed to amaze me.